Register now to get rid of these ads!

photochop time! '60 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flamingo_57, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

Ok, heres the deal, I'm working on a '60 Chevy with my step son that needs a bunch of rust repair. I figure thats a reason to go kustom with it. The rough idea i have in my head so far is to continue the "cove" area under the fin area all the way across to create one big fin across the back. Then in the tail light area under that, french the whole thing all the way across and make some sort of grill to fill the area, and maybe use plexiglass strips to make some weird tail lights ala "the golden indian". Then make the trunk lid run all the way across from side to side and suicide it, maybe even put a rumble seat in there for the hell of it. Anybody up to the task of photochopping this? Hope Dan Palatnik doesnt mind that I'm using one of his pictures of his awesome 3d model(s). It will be kind of an A'Bros tribute in a way.

Attached Files:

2. Squablow

Squablow

I like the concept enough to want to see what it'll look like, but the pictures you provided are really poor for photoshopping. You need some clean pics where the bottom of the car is parallel with the bottom of the picture, preferably from straight back instead of a 3/4 view. That'll make it a lot easier to work with.

3. MOguy

MOguy

Neat. I once had a '60 Biscayne..about 40 years ago - one of my favorite dashboards ever. I did a little of what you were asking for. But when I first read it, I misunderstood about suiciding the trunk lid and thought you meant to suicide the rear doors. That's why I moved the door handle. I tried extending the trunk line to make it full width, but I'm not sure how to open it to make the rumble seat setup. So here's the little bit I was able to do during lunch.

Attached Files:

4. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I didnt understand what you meant either. perhaps you could draw some red lines over it in mspaint?

5. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

Ok, heres a less vague idea with some red lines. I like the upper fin treatment, that's exactly what i had in mind. The car I'm working on is actually am Impala but it will be more like a Biscayne once some of the goofy doo dads are shaved off. Thought about some kind of crazy scoop on the rear door where the "birds" are right now.

Attached Files:

• p3.jpg
      p3.jpg
      File size:
      150.1 KB
      Views:
  6. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Okay this much I understand, its the bit with the seat. you wanted the boot to open backwards so it pivits from the back, like a suicide door would. then you wanted a seat putting in there like an early 1920s kinda car? I understand you want something radical.

7. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

Yeah, its just an idea though. doesn't necessarily have to be like that but it would be kool. It's too dark to get a pic of the rear of the actual car, but heres a pic of the rear of another '60 I scabbed off the web.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  8. Just very quickly (since I´m none too sure if it´s what you want)...

[​IMG]

...and one with only the tailight treatment, as I think it could be too many straight lines with it all straightened out.

[​IMG]

9. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

Heres the best i can come up with using the crappy ms paint program.

Attached Files:

10. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

^^ If you want to photoshop stuff you can use paint.net or gimp2 both free & will let you do the same things.

As for the car, I cleaned it up a bit as a blank canvas.

[​IMG]

If you put the lights behind the grill mesh, they can still function but it gives you a much cleaner area to be creative with.

[​IMG]

11. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

Yeah, I planned on putting the lihts behind the mesh. I like where this is going. Maybe time to start considering some front end treatments as well

12. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

all you had to do to make that look better was when you paste it you choose the invisible backround option when you go to paste the object(like the rear grill bars) then you wont get that white border

13. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Well I`ll have a play see if I can come up with something crazy looking. My ideas are not that far away from the green car you posted.

14. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I think I figured out what you were wanting. I found a pic of a car that had the opening you described, then drew the rear of the green car on it.

[​IMG]