Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs PHOTOBUCKET......Where next? What are you folks using?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, Feb 22, 2018.

1. I really want to get back in the game here but PhotoBucket has shot me in the foot. Is there another Hosting Site that you guys would recommend? Thank you.....Centurion9

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

You can download to your own Hamb album right here.

Scooterville likes this.
  3. evintho

evintho

For full sized pics I'm using Imgur now. Simple and free. Of course, just like PB, that could change at any time. Once you figure it out it's quick and easy. BTW, I'm not computer savvy....at all!
    Here's my '54 using Imgur...............................

[​IMG]

4. If all you need it for is loading pictures here then hit the Upload A File tab and just load the picture straight from your computer. Make sure you click the full image tab once the picture is uploaded so it is not a thumbnail when you post.

firstinsteele and squirrel like this.

5. I'm using Google Photo...unlimited storage, but they "resize" the image. I've had no problems with image quality on the pics I post here. OR, you can use the HAMB app and load straight from your phone/tablet.

6. Keep them in your computer. Almost all forums handle them to whatever size they host. Done worrying. I’ve got right around 10,000 pictures stored in my desk top. No problems wit an outside money grabber or “free” service. Back them up on an external hard drive regularly.

7. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yup, there is no need for third party hosting here. simply click on the camera icon below and go to upload file. make sure as stated above to click the full size image tab

Scooterville likes this.
  9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Flicker was my choice, too. Seems easy to use, once I figured it out.

Scooterville likes this.
  10. Do you have a desktop computer? Is it a PC or MAC? What software do you have?

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    jnaki likes this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Time after time, people can understand that it is business and that you can by pass it with at least a 1TB (terrabyte) external hard drive hooked up to your computer. If it is a PC, most external drives are already set up to function in that mode. If it is a MAC, make sure that the one you order from Amazon is for a MAC. Then when it arrives in a couple of days, it is ready to go.

Any online hosting site is usually not as handy as having one or two external hard drives at home. Photos are not the only things you can save. Your family photos are the most important as those years will not be reproduced. So, as a back up fanatic, we have two external hard drives for the main computer in the office. They back up everything. For our laptop, we have a portable 2 TB hard drive that can travel with you where ever you go to store large stuff if necessary. Leave you laptop built-in hard drive well below 1/2 full for optimum efficiency and speed. Transferring to those other two external hard drives for updating backup files is simple and fast.

In an emergency when your family has to leave the house fast: If everything is backed up, just grab the external hard drives and flee. Forget the disconnecting the cords from the computer, just grab and go. If every thing is saved, then what is left is a loss, but you have it backed up for safety.

In a final, fanatical move, you can get another portable small size 1-2 terrabyte external hard drive and back everything up to store off site in a bank safety deposit box. Everything else other than your cars and family/pets is expendable. Now, you are backed up three ways.

Jnaki
    Cost? Amazon: Toshiba 1-2 TB small size $50 and up, the same for Western Digital, and Seagate. Off brands are less, but you get what you pay for in these digital drives. No need for a 4 or larger TB external hard drive, as they tend to get physically larger and not as portable. you ask, why not get an 8 TB home external hard drive for everything under the sun and on the internet? Well, sometimes they go kaput. That is why you have at least two, but one will work for most people.