Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photobucket alternatives?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Flexicoker, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

So Photobucket says my account is full and won't let me upload any new pics, it also won't let anybody create new free albums for a couple of weeks, and I have some pics I want to share damnit!! So does anyone have any alternatives that allow linking of decent pics and is free?

Thanks,
    Eric

2. AKATIREGUY

AKATIREGUY

Someone had some pics up from a sight called fotki or something like that. When I clicked on the link for some reason it let my into all his albums. MY GOD. He had a ton of pics. I would do a sears for pics on the HAMB and see what sights the fotos link to.. too bad we cant load an attachment like an e-mail. Or can we?

3. you gotta pay for fotki, to post them on this board.. it allows you to make a album with up to 30 pics free... then you gotta pay to show them to people..

its cheep but a rip..

donate 10 bucks to photobucket, and they put you as a gold member..

4. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

According to the information I've been getting from Photobucket, they are making the free account limited in storage and REALLY limited in bandwidth... as in you would use up your month's allotment of bandwidth by posting an image here for one day.

I found another place called onfinite http://www.onfinite.com which gives you 5megabytes of storage and claims to give you damn near unlimited bandwidth. Only drawback is when you do upload your pics on their site and then post that link on a bbs like this one, it will put an onfinite footer at the bottom of the picture...

[​IMG]

^^ Like that ^^

But still, so far so good. I just found them last week. I do not like fotki, but that's just me.

5. I really like ImageShack - http://www.imageshack.us/

It's super easy to upload and then copy the link into your post. They have a good FAQ if you're interested.

Nate

6. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

I went ahead and spent the $25 a year for a premuim photobucket account, unlimited bandwidth, and huge storage.

7. bluexenon

bluexenon
    from at home

Check out http://www.picamatic.com
    It is a very easy and lite image hosting alternative! Awesome interface! They allow to upload unlimited images simultaneously in just one click and they also claim to store images forever.

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

9. emma3533

emma3533
    from london

i started using the free membership at http://www.99phost.com . a great image hosting . but then i realized, its only 99p a month for unlimted features..

10. emma3533

emma3533
    from london

oops sorry for bumping thread! soz every1 :( iw as only helping

11. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Adobe has freeware I have used for almost 4 years,it files it in "my pictures" on XP even has a "fix" mode, XP has a "image resizing" that your install wizard will create so you can post and email the pictures in a smaller size to save space it's already in your PC you just have to find it,and it is FREE.To get the Adobe Photoshop go to www.cnet.com to access the download.

12. Border City

Border City

A good place is fileden.com , you can store pics, video and audio. Then even show the code for forums and webpages, I use this for my wepage. Only drawback is you need to visit and sign in once in awhile, if you don't you'll get an email message saying if you don't your account will be deleted. http://www.fileden.com/

13. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Just use another email-address and register another Photobucket-account.
    I'm using 4 different Photobucket-accounts this way.

But....!...
    for the sake of 'archiving' and 'history', Please just learn to resize your pics yourself and use the forum's Attachment-function to include your pics in the topic.

All these external photohosting-services have 1 thing in common... As a user one day empties, , renames, moves, deletes or rearranges his online images, all the photolinks in existing topics will be broken and no pics will be shown anymore.
    I see this happening in most of the older topics here on the HAMB. A lot of them have broken images because the original poster used an online imageservice, but removed his pics later on.

So for the sake of 'archiving' it's better to attach your pics to the topic you are replying to. That way the images will always stay linked to the topics and the images will also reside on the same server as the HAMB runs on, so this means no broken images anymore on older topics.

Perhaps Ryan could look into adding an automatic resize-function to the image-uploads of this forum to help the majority of computer-challenged folks out there AND keeping the older topics from loosing interesting images hosted elsewhere.

14. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

You have absolutely no photo albums created in your HAMB profile...
    You put them there and use that www location to "add a pic".
    You can also post your thread post under go advanced and add an attatchment from the net or from your computer using the paperclip Icon

15. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I use Fotki and like it. I'm up to the pay part, but still thing they are very good+ easy to load pic.

16. thebunny

thebunny

I use bluemelon.com and have been using picasaweb before. I've also tried flickr and smugmug trial, but like bluemelon the most. You may give some of these a try, if you too have problems with the one you are using

17. Dokaddex73

Dokaddex73

I am really confused And prob a bit stupid I have just made a photobucket account - how can i upload some of the piccys from there onto this forum? Sorry for sill question :S

18. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

You will need the link to that photo. Then either use the INSERT IMAGE button at the top of the reply box or insert the link between tags.

19. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Just tried that , here goes..........
    [​IMG]

20. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

MYSPACE!!!! Free Unlimited Auto Sizing Copy Paste Albums Captions Great Uploader

Look at anything I have posted in the last 3 years.

21. I used Boomspeed for a couple of years as a free service. One day they wanted $$$ or I could pay $$$$ to have all my photos put on a disc.
    No warning or notice so I couldn't move them to another host.
    There were some pics there that I can never replace. I didn't give in to their extortion.

Always back up your valuable pics to a disc.

22. billy zz

billy zz

testing attachment

Attached Files:

23. billy zz

billy zz

as far as i can tell you need an account from something like photobucket to put pics in your profile