Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTO THREAD: 150 Reasons why I love Hot Rod-a-Rama 2010.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Payne, Aug 9, 2010.

1. I want to acknowledge and thank a few people before the photos begin.

First off, I wanted to personally thank Mrs. Glucoft for all of the hard work she has put in making Hot Rod -a-Rama the greatest car show in the country, according to me. For those of you who have put on a car show you know that staying on top of the books and paperwork is the hardest part of putting on a car show. It’s a thankless job that begins the day after the show is over and doesn’t end until the morning of the next year’s show. Thank you very much Mrs. Glucoft for all the effort you have put in over the past few years. I would also like to thank her husband Steve and everyone else that has had a helping hand in putting on Hot Rod-a-Rama. Thank you all for give us in the car community the truly awesome event that is Hot Rod-a-Rama, all of your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I want to thank all of my fellow club members in Thee Inland Emperors who attended with me: Jeff, Logan, Chris B., Devin, Jesse, Russ, John, Pat, Josh, Shaun, Chris, Corey, Dave, Bill, Chris S., Marcy and especially Tyler. I want to personally thank each one of you for what was by far, THE BEST WEEKEND I’VE HAD IN THE LAST YEAR OF MY LIFE! On a personal level this past year has been by far the hardest of my entire life, and at times has felt like it was going to kill me, but this past weekend made up for all of those hard times and then some!

During the show I had the pleasure of visiting with Steve Glucoft and he mentioned to me that “Community” is what makes Hot Rod-a-Rama such a special event and everyone who attends, participates, and works during Hot Rod-a-Rama is apart of that great community. For me, all of my fellow Inland Emperors are my personal community and over the past year I’ve forgotten, quite a few times, how much that really meant to me. Thank you for reminding me how to have a good time and for helping me to forget about my problems for a few days, it was definitely the best mental therapy I’ve had. I know there are some great car clubs in the world the Beatniks, Choppers, Shifters, and Iron Lords just to name a few, but I wouldn’t trade the friendship of ever member of every car club in the entire world for the friendship of the 35 members who make up Thee Inland Emperors. I love each and every one of you, some more then the law will allow, :D

[​IMG]

Anyways enough of the sappy sh!t on with my photos of the show.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. Getting There is Half the Fun.

I love trailer queens!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Along the way across the state we decided to stop at the finish line of our upcoming Reliability Run in Vantage, WA then take the back road up the old Vantage grade to make our way back on to I-90. I blame Chris' for this next photo because he was leading the group and decided to stop for gas at fruit stand in Kittitas. Then this happened.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three's a treat
    [​IMG]

3. Friday at the Show, I ran around and took a few photos between beer runs.

[​IMG]

It was very nice to met couverkid, and I love his coupe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love Squeak Bell's '40 coupe it was awesome to finally see it in person. I'm almost certain it stayed in the same spot until it started to really rain on Saturday, but then again I started drinking as soon as I got to the show.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Friday Cont'd...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Friday Cont'd...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who cares about the truck in the foreground, check out the guy in the black shirt behind the truck. There's some time lapse between these two photos, but we were both checking out the same thing, the only difference is I tried to hide behind a very small camera.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. The end of Friday daytime because they finally made it back from the beer run.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Late Friday Night, I needed to sober up before we left so I started playing around with the long exposure setting and using empty beer cans for a tripods.

Chris' checking the fence to see if it's "electric"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Saturday at the show before the rain it couldn’t have been more then an hour, because I didn’t even have a chance to have my first beer, and I even waited until Noon to start drinking.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jerry Chen, one of the nicest people in hot rodding, standing by his awesome set up, a chopped '34 Ford Tudor Sedan towing a '36 Bowlus aluminum travel trailer. If you're thinking it looks like a funny looking Airflow travel travel, your right!

According to the human automotive encyclopedia that is Chris Shelton, Bowlus are pre-Airflow travel trailers. It seems they went out a business in the early thirities and one of the Bowlus employees made the decision to obtain the rights to the design. He moved the door opening from the front to the side and changed the name of the trailer to Airflow, and as they say the rest is history. Very Cool!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. The King of Hot Rod-a-Rama, 2,000 miles in three days to go to car show.
    Now that's bad ass, no wait a second, That's Bass!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Some more from Saturday before it rained.....

[​IMG]

Looks like Ashley Force is going to have some serious competition some day.
    [​IMG]

Anyone know what type of headlight this is?
    [​IMG]

Once it started to rain I started drinking Macro brews and trying to seduce Marcy and Titus. In case you’re wondering I ended up sleeping alone Saturday night, but it wasn’t for a lack of effort on my part. :D

Even though my pictures don’t do it justice, by far most impressive thing about the show on Saturday was nobody left when it started to rain. I’ve been to a few shows where you could have literally believed the cars and people were going to melt once they felt the first drop of rain, but not at Hot Rod-a-Rama. It wasn’t until it really started to pour, two-thirds of the way through the show, that most of the cars and people in attendance decided to start leaving.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Thee End of Hot Rod-a-rama 2010, hanging out with the " Fabian Society of the Automotive World. ":eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to end with this photo, which was taken at the beginning of the weekend, early Friday morning. Late Saturday night back at our hotel the club met a few very nice young Koren men and women who were on a bus tour of the U.S. They were nice enough to translate Devin's license plate for us and it roughly translates to "Many Marijuana" Seriously! :D
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure if they had seen hot rods before because they seemed really excited about the old cars. John took women for a ride in his Deuce Phaeton, Chris S. let them sit in his roadster and take a group photo, and they posed by Devin's coupe. Then best part of the night happened, the asked us to pose for a group photo with them then made the Inn keeper who was coming out of the front office to tell us to keep the noise down at 1:00am take the photo of us all! An awesome end to and awesome weekend.​

12. BACK AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD! Have another beer, there I cracked one too! Post pics tomorrow! LOL :D This is overwhelming, so many fine rides.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I mentioned I liked this car in another thread the other day, but this car is just awesome and seems like from any angle. Nice all around, really nice. Hard to get enough of it.

[​IMG]

14. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Now that I also see the rest of the photos too, those look great. Thanks for taking the time to post and share. Some good shots and coverage.

15. TMoney

TMoney

Nice pics Billy.

16. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Allways a great time attending an event with bitchin cars and even better friends. I enjoyed the hell out of this weekend, and as always the fear of the unknown with Thee Emperor's!

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Real nice shots.....150 thanks.....

18. Ditto!

Attached Files:

19. couverkid

couverkid

That car is nothing special,its just a old ford.

20. couverkid

couverkid

Billy it was nice meeting you and thanks Chris for the invite to dinner me and my wife enjoyed the conversations with you spokane folks and it was neat following such a neat line up of car. I think I heard my wife talking about moving to spokane because she is tired of the rain, HAVE ANOTHER DRINK HONEY!

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

There's a lot of threads on the Jalopy-rama but all of them show a different view and I love them all. This one is one the of the best!!!! Thanks!

22. Haha, thats the sweetest fendered coupe I've ever seen.

23. Deu55

Deu55

Great show awsome pics!

24. More..............

Attached Files:

25. GREAT pics Billy! You captured the whole weekend :D

26. Come on over, your car(s) will fit right in ;)

Good seeing you again, Steve!

27. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Ahh yes....:rolleyes:.....many a wonderful misty midnite with enthusiastic young Korean Lasses......but that plate just reads "Tama region" referring to a forrested area just North of Tokyo.....but the owner of the Camry that it got ripped off will be soooooo pissed! :D

28. couverkid

couverkid

Will come and visit.Billy you took great pictures. This is why I left my camera in the room.

29. Mark,

Thanks for the correct translation, that awesome to find out that the plate is from Japan since we're Emperors. I'll pass the information along to Devin. Now, tell me more about these enthusiastic young Korean Lasses..... it sounds like I maybe need to take a vacation soon. :D