Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo shop me some headlights/win something kool.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finkd, Feb 18, 2011.

1. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

OK , this has been beaten up, kicked sand on, battered and verbally abused for years, but noone can come up with the best thing to do, I don't mind them as much as others. I think they actually work becasue if you look at it deep down everything is a rectangle, BUT if they aren't changed this will never be taken seriously. And I don't want it to be like one of those cars that was almost there, BUT.......(it has square headlights)there is soo much work in this truck more then most will ever be able to figure out, and the time has come to finish. I haven't drove it in 5 years , partly because i am soo sick of hearing (square headlights) so heres the deal, can anyone photoshop me a better headlight. I would love something with frosted lens" like starbird used to do. I don't want 53 Buick's or Chyslers...been done many times. I would like something fresh and feels the room in the front and I will not...CAN NOT change the grill. So the winner I choose will receive something cool and handmade to hang on their wall from me.

Attached Files:

2. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

wow for once i like the rectangle head lights

3. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

I feel your pain but I like the look it has now. Looks great to me.

4. Can you just put a round light in the square hole and some kind of patterned bezel?
    That truck rules by the way

5. ryno

ryno

reminds me of a bad late 70's van.
    i kinda dig the square lights, maybe a 3 piece bumberette to smooth out the flat front?

6. nachodog

nachodog
    from socal

Nothing wrong with your headlights, they look good the way they are.

7. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

how about new yorker
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    quick photoshop job, dont shoot me lol

8. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

or something along those lines, you could make your own version of the new yorker show it fits the shape you need

9. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

How about a starbird style headlight treatment similar to the Predicta, only vertical...

[​IMG]

10. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

11. metalman

metalman

Several years ago I redid a 54 Ford F 100 that was originally built in the 70's, small rectangular headlights. I redid it, used 59 Chrysler headlamps, canted in the fenders. I could see that working as well in your Stude. Sorry, can't find a pic of it right now.

12. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

i can't believe you quit driving it because people didn't like the square headlights. tellem to "FUCKOFF"....

13. madfish

madfish

Maybe this is a simpler solution?

Attached Files:

14. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Even though you mentioned it has been done too many times...you can't go wrong with '61 Chrysler's either...I peaked the front fenders and added some small round turn signals to get rid of the empty space at the bottom.

[​IMG]

15. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

16. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

I like the chrysler too

17. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

I say shape it like this with starbird style headlights.....
    [​IMG]

18. Jim Lohman

Jim Lohman
    from Colorado

Bitchin! Like the trim!

19. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Thats a sweet truck dude I love the square lights you've got in it

Wana post some picks from the back of the truck?

20. Here's a way you might keep it all Studebaker. Mount these rotated 90 degrees with the park lamps on the inboard side.

61lrkwgn-pb02.jpg

21. gianttype

gianttype
    from iowa

Leave the lights alone. What you need is a 1970's airbrushed paint job.

22. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

you aint kidding that thing has a ton ofwork in it. man the headlights are perfect! drive the damn thing its beautiful!

23. metalman

metalman

59's or 61's, not sure what year I used but those are the lights I'm talking about. Personally, I can't say these Chrysler's have been overdone and they are a way classy frame.

24. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

ding-ding-ding!!!! we have a winnah!!!

25. The HEADLIGHTS work as is !!!

26. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

The square lamps you have mounted work very well with the balance of shapes on your kustom. Perhaps some '55 Pontiac front face bars to break up the 80's-90's streetrod vibe the front end wares, now, but really ya ain't drivin' it based on what someone else says' 'bout it?:eek::eek: Tell 'um to F.O.& D! Ya may wanna go look up the term ''codependent"!

Building or driving a vehicle to please someone else is the surest recipe for disapointment I know of.

" Don't be to quick to drink the Kool-Aid "

27. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

So the truck has been way over due of being okay, let me clear up one thing , the headlight thing is not the only reason I haven't drove this truck in 5 years, I don't build my cars based on what others think I build for myself. this truck was started back in the 70's by a guy here in town named jerry loomis, a very well know and good body and paint guy. he has since retired and I loved this truck, it was sitting in a bus barn not getting any love and i went to him and asked to buy it. he agreed and sold it too me for a very good price, then we bought our house,wife got preg and life happens anyway . jerry had alot of the changes already underway, i only added a few, like the pancaked hood, reradioused wheel wells, rib down the center of hood, windshield split and roof. and I changed a few things on the bed, but for the most part he had the idea going. at the time the headlights were the style, but that is the first thing everyone bags on. And if I'm going to finish this, I don't want to listen to every swingin' dick and their stupid comments on the square lights, I don't have the problem with them it is everyone else. and man does it get OLD.I love this truck, and really miss driving it, and it's time has come, but I would like to have a chance at showing it at salina, gnrs or where ever i want to go and not have to listen to damn I like that, BUT, square headlights. BUT you do have to admit they work, I just wish others could open their closed minds and get over it.BUT after all the years I've had it , that is all people talk about. NOt , wow nice 9" chop, suicide doors, hand made bed, and cover.i like how this drip rail rod flows into the bed, made out of 50 buick hood turned backwards, or the fact that the bed is widened to match the cab, which has tubing welded to the back of cab to complete the nice transition to bed, and the addition of the roll on the bottom of bed to match the one on the doors. and then theres the panckacked and sectioned hood that took me 3 months of 4-5 hrs every night, and 10 hrs days on weekends to pull off, and it opens perfectly to the side. or the fact the doors were welded shut and cut open giving a perfect gap all the way around. Or the way crazy dash and floating shoulder high console and gauges overhead, this thing is like a space ship inside, any way you get the idea, people can't look beond the square lights to see alll the I am ready to conform, or say fuk em all and finish this truk. so lets see what all the nay sayers come up with. thanks jeff

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  28. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Leave it as is. If you change the head lights it will be the same as the other guys.

29. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

1957 Lincoln Premier. If you got the fenders with the headlights you could mold just the tip of the top of the fender into the front and french the bottom an inch or so. Would look killer.

[​IMG]

30. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

chryslers... been done many times, not sayin its wrong just not right for me.

Attached Files: