Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Photo I.D. ???

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by USMercUte, Jul 8, 2019.

1. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

O.K., here is the dilemma, a fellow member of our car club, (the Magwinders) which was started in 1958 or 1959 (we are so old we can't remember which year) stopped by my shop with these photos below, which we think could have been taken at the Oakland Roadster show or the Sacramento Autorama about those years as we would have attended both shows those years. Can anyone shed some light on these cars or nail down the year? Just had to put them up as I thought they were cool, Enjoy, Cheers, John 58or59.1.jpg 58or59.3.jpg 59or59.2.jpg

sloppy jalopies, Stogy and Deuces like this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm thinking that the roadster was in a magazine spread about that time. I was in the 5th grade and snagging every issue of Hot Rod off the Kitsap county bookmobile that I could get my hands on. Study every page and trade them back for what ever they brought the next time that I hadn't read.

Stogy, BigO and Deuces like this.
  3. Thought I had more, but I don't. I'll hedge to the internet, for the rest. What was formerly a blue roadster .... went overseas to be reborn in red.

'32 Plymouth roadster ....

pearl2 (1).jpg Pearl.jpg pearl2.jpg pearl3.jpg

Stogy, BigO, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  4. cool....thanks for posting......

Stogy, BigO, loudbang and 1 other person like this.

5. Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    SS327, Stogy, BigO and 2 others like this.
  6. Sorry, but I believe the roadster is the 32 Ford roadster named Sylvester(?). It has been restored and was at the
    2012 GNRS.

Mick
    gnrs2012 058.jpg gnrs2012 224.jpg

SS327, BigO, kidcampbell71 and 3 others like this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You blew that one Mic, count the pipes on each. It's the devil in the details.

8. Fordors

Fordors

Uh, no. Mick is correct, and as you said the devil is in the details. The OP has shown a nailhead Buick, tube framed, ‘32 Ford bodied car, and @lurker mick has posted the restored car.
    It was @kidcampbell71 that posted the Olds powered ‘32 Plymouth roadster.
    Different engine, frame, windshield, grille shell and more. Look at the character lines on the top of the cowl, the longer quarter panels and the different radius of the deck lid, none of those details suggest a 1932 Ford body.

SS327, lurker mick, USMercUte and 2 others like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't be so hard on yourself @kidcampbell71, you had me convinced too...:D...then yes, @lurker mick set the record straight...I enjoy both your sharp sets of eyes...they are certainly both similar period Hotrods sharing similar inspiration hence the missing of the bullseye...interesting they both survived and Stogy would sure love either in the garage...equally beautiful Hotrods...

@USMercUte, those are wonderful images...they really capture the moment...I'm wondering if the A is a Sport Coupe or a pickup?

USMercUte likes this.