Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration PHOTO CONTEST: Goodguys Yearbook COVER SHOT - $250+more prize!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I think this is a great idea to get more people out there shooting some good pictures!

I don't have any ideas other than to maybe make a thread starring the Fonz CLEARLY illustrating the subtle differences between horizontal and vertical. :rolleyes:

I'm always a fan of these threads until JoeLookatMe posts a picture of his own car in the wrong format just because he wants it to be famous.

I don't envy having to weed out the dozens of crap photos to get to the good ones. It's easy to miss some quality, I would imagine.

2. aceuh

aceuh

As previously stated, Thanks for the opportunity! It's always a sweet feeling seeing our work in print.

3. ELD

ELD

I figured it out, when I stand vertical my pictures come out horizontal but when I lay horizontal my pictures come out vertical, is there a special lens I can get for my camera to shoot vertical?

4. camaromustang

camaromustang

Hey guys, finally found time to check out the HAMB when a guy called me after seeing one of my photos posted on this thread. I'm Robert McCarter by the way. There are some way cool photos in this contest. It's kind of like being at a show. You just think you have a cool car until you see some others and realize how much more work you need to do!

5. MarcG

MarcG
    from The OC

Thanks for the opportunity Kirk. Great idea.
    Marc

6. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the opportunity, looking forward to seeing the Yearbook.

7. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Its always nice when people enter pics they didnt take lol.........welcome to the HAMB by the way

8. Random Thoughts.....

1. Bring back the " paART's " feature that ran a couple time in the Gazette, a few years back, but this time using a photo or a couple photos submitted by everyone throughout the year. You could run the feature on Good-Guys.com or maybe in the Gazette, and use it to feature a specific overall theme each time, such as: driving photos, scenic photos, detail shots, engine photos, etc...

2. Start a submission thread for each event and have everyone post their favorite photo(s) they took from that event, then use the best photo from each one in the yearbook as the intro shot for that event.

9. camaromustang

camaromustang

I submited the photos to the contest, i just didn't post them here. Way cool stuff on your site NotStockPhoto.

10. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Sorry about that man I misunderstood. Your avatar pic is my favorite I have seen from the contest so far. Thanks for the kind words on our work we get the honor of capturing a moment that took a builder usually years to complete

11. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Can you post a pic of you wall? some bad ass wall paper:D
    later Bill

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yeah, I'll take one tomorrow.

13. camaromustang

camaromustang

Thanks, I took the aviator pic right before I blew my roadster apart for paint. My favorite work is with low or dramatic lighting. I know it's shameful to submit a picture of my own car but it was such a cool shot.

14. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey if it was mine I would have also, but no one wants to see another picture of my van lol

15. aceuh

aceuh

We're still waiting on that wall shot brother!:D

16. patina steve

patina steve

Boy ain't that the truth...............very good comment.....this FNG obviously has a clue.

I think the talent is even more evident, in the art and photography on the HAMB, because money or luck has nothing to do with it.

17. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

By definition what is tomorrow.... really??? :D

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

I got sidetracked with the judging process and never got a shot.

I will be announcing the winner tomorrow (1/15/10) though.

19. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It must be a tomorrow thing:D:D:D:D:D:D

20. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

21. draginsteel

draginsteel