Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo album ---Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by twochops, May 8, 2006.

1. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Nothin`s sweater than a 41 Ford grille, but the Olds grille does look better with that HEAVY bumper.

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

When the pic of the brandywine 51 were taken, it was Zocchis Cool 51.

3. Rikster

Rikster

Some more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Harrold Olsen Chevy with fresh Gene Winfield paint. The car was later painted black, Sold and painted brandewine/brown pearl flame... and Its now in a deep candy pearl green again with flames. I still like this first orange fade the best.

[​IMG]
    Richard Zocchi Gene Winfield 58 is also still around... but again I liked this original paintjob way better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Frank Sonzogni 1950 Merc built at the Barris Shop... owned by Larry Dames.

4. [​IMG]
    What a great picture.

5. Rikster

Rikster

Here is another on of the Sam Barris Merc.

[​IMG]

6. [​IMG]
    I really dig this car ..... YES in white. It really grew on me when we were in sacramento,in person it just has a good look to it.

7. Cool you brought this thread up again Rik,I spent almost my whole sunday morning on here looking for some certain pictures. Killer shots you have of Sams merc .

8. [​IMG] This is heavy right here !!! Im loving it,I have always liked these and I have never seen this one before.Wow that thing is hammered pretty good.The right wheel and tire combo and stance on this and it would be ready to crush some pavement and crack some necks. Oh ya I would love to put it in some white primer as well.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011

9. I did it in white as well. Looking at the pictures of customs primed in white I am surprised so few were ever painted gloss white.

10. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Attached Files:

11. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Bob's Merc at Lead East '09

Attached Files:

12. 00 MACK

00 MACK

That car rules ! Bob as you know Luke, now owns the old John Pazsik "Renegade" and has built a slew of mild kustoms but I sure hope Sammy sells his old merc back to him one day !

13. Rikster

Rikster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mark's ride in primer...

[​IMG]
    And in paint

I think Kurt McCormick once owned this old custom... but I don't know for sure.. or know any details. Anybody?

[​IMG]

14. 00 MACK

00 MACK

He did own it and sold it to Jack Quigley of the Kustom Knights in Jersey who painted it blue.You will find pics when Kurt had it in one of the old Custom Cars annuals by Peterson. In the back ground of this pic at Liberty State Park in 86, you can see Legendary Jersey custom builder, John Pazsik with Rebel John.

15. Rikster

Rikster

Thanks for the info... I had seen photos of this car with Kurt in it, but I never read about him owning it.

Here are a few more oldies from my own Collection.

X-Sonic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moonglow

[​IMG]

Alexander Brothers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Did they add 51 quarter panels to this or is it actually a 51?

Those huge taillights are something I've never seen before and I know why.

17. 00 MACK

00 MACK

18. RodP

RodP

Zocchi had Butch Hurlhey chop this at my place (Rod Powell's) The rest of the body and paint was done at Derosa's and Reasoners.
    I'm glad to see some of these pictures as it shows what Butch and the rest of our crew were doing in those days. Very few shops were doing that much customizing on a full time basis.
    RodP

19. Rikster

Rikster

Thanks for this info Rod... I did not know the car was chopped at your shop.

Here is another one I believe you had to do something with.. new paint?

[​IMG]

20. RodP

RodP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Harrold Olsen Chevy with fresh Gene Winfield paint. The car was later painted black, Sold and painted brandewine/brown pearl flame... and Its now in a deep candy pearl green again with flames. I still like this first orange fade the best.

This was built by Butch Hurlhey after he left my place and moved into his own shop. He put a lot of time and effort into it. The tangerine paint was done by Winfield but it did not last too long. It was redone for the next show season at Butch's shop in a Brandywine Pearl then it was sold. This is a difficult body style to work with and Butch and Harold did a fine job.
    RodP

21. This one is old school Detroit with the scallops by Paul Hatton. Notice the similarity of the scallops to the lil deuce coupe, when it was known as the Silver Sapphire.

22. Rikster

Rikster

Yes its the Purple Pelican 1953 Ford.... very nice car

[​IMG]

23. RodP

RodP

This 57 Chevy belonged to Ted Mitchell who did my bodywork for many years. This was an old custom that had never been finished until Ted got it.
    Most of the customizing was done in 1957 by Waldon Hogue when the car was brand new. Ted restored it and I painted it for him.

The 39 Ford in the background was also out of my shop. I flamed it but I can't recall if we did any of the other work on it.
    RodP

24. Pure evil!

25. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I think this (ex-) Harold Olsen car is one of the best '40s cars ever built. The top, fadeaways, and skirts suit the car's overall shape beautifully. I think it's the most original and well-done fastback I've ever seen. Kudos to Butch. I'd like to see it in a solid color, personally.

26. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Would look better without the flames.

Attached Files:

27. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Gotta love that jacked up ass end. Must be a trend.

28. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Harold Olsen, the ultimate Gold Chainner. I heard that when he died, they removed his GLASS eye and placed it in the center horn button of the steering wheel so he could keep a watch on his car. Is this true or a myth.

29. Rikster

Rikster

I thought this was an all Black version?

[​IMG]

30. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I think it`s to get into steep driveways, at least that what I keep telling myself. I know of a few examples for this reason.