Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo album ---Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by twochops, May 8, 2006.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys It is kool to hear that your enjoying my pics. Here is the last batch
    until maybe the weekend.....

Merc Deuce Reunion Wichita. KKOA put on the Koolest Kustom shows They still do….

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jimmy Vaughn’s Chevy at the Merc Deuce reunion love the back fender wells….

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Puckets wild/ mild Ford Where is this car today?

[​IMG]

Show in Kansas City…….

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you guys remember when David Guymon trailer’d in this barn find. It was a
    Fort Smith AR. and it was the coolest car there that weekend. This is my favorite
    40 Ford Kustom of all time. Hopefully one of these days I’ll get the opportunity to
    buy it. Maybe wishful thinking. The last Picture is after David blessed it with his
    talent. Very kool ride…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Misty Blue Merc. Picture taken at the first Spectaular in wichita.

[​IMG]

Merc Deuce Reunion Wichita

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Americruize....Lincoln NE ?
    [​IMG]

Bill Moore’s High School drop out / Merc Deuce Reunion

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KKOA Appreciation day in OK City

[​IMG]

Happy Trails,

Mick

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last year I bought all three issues off of Ebay because I was wearing out the original
    ones... Very kool read. If you guys are into Kustoms and do not have this issue in
    your library then go on Ebay and find it it is a must.

I wish that I would have traveled more in the mid eightys to see other KKOA shows.
    I was too young at the time and to many other hobbies in the way...

Happy Trails,

Mick

3. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

That Bailon built four door got me hooked along with DeRosa's Merc4(which is ugly as sin but to a 10 year old it was badass). Manuel Arteche(RIP) owned it when I first saw it years ago.

Attached Files:

4. patch

patch

here's a couple more shots taken at Billetproof '09 ... just to give you some perspective on the hight, the last shot of me standing next to the car ... I stand 5' 9"
    pictures don't do this car justice, you have to see it in person to appreciate it ... gorgeous!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  5. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Hey Mike !.....Good to see ya on here.....That car is spectacular.....I saw it at Hotrodarama a few years back, and I was like a teenage girl meeting a rock star :eek:.....

6. Ahh yes 'The Bonneville Bomber' now here is a kustom with some real history. Driven from oregon to Bonneville back in the early days and raced it on the salt.Nothing looks better then a heavy hitting real kustom mashing the throttle down the salt and one thing that I love is how he kept his appleton spotlights on the car while he was running it. Very important car to me right here .

7. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Thanks a lot Straycat for taking time to post all those pics ! :eek: hope you have more ...

8. Love the pic on the top left of this group of pics. I still would like to know if this car is the Dave Bugarian 51 mercury.

9. Straykat! Most of those are HARD on the eyes,hahaha! Guess it's good to know what NOT to do! Some of those guys have "off the wall" tastes! GEEEEZ...

10. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I have quite a few pics of customs if no one minds me posting in on this thread.

11. Keith Dean

Keith Dean
    from Hemet, Ca.

The photos at the top of the page show the white and gold '47 my dad (Dick Dean) customized when he worked for Clarkaiser. That was one of five cars he had worked on for the '59 Detroit Autorama. Were George Barris took note of his work and asked him to come work for him in California.

12. Rikster

Rikster

I think 00MACK pointed out it was a car from Texas.

I'm not 100% sure but it does not look to be the Bugarin Merc to me. The Bugarin had a more dramatic chopped top. And I think that the car already had the Packard taillights added before they chopped it. And this car still has its stock taillights.
    Also the Buick Side trim looks to end before the rear wheel openings. While Bugarin's also has the section on the rear fenders.

In the photo below you can see the Bugarin Merc with the side trim taped in place and with the packard taillights.
    The car in the color photo does not look to have the side trim taped in place... but still has the stock taillights. So I would say... not the same car.

Still I would love to see a better scan of this photo...
    (TwoChops, could you please make a better/larger scan of this photo and perhaps only from the car so that we can identify it!)
    And if 00MACK is so sure the car has Texas plates.... please show us the photo you have Anthony!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jhonytaibu

jhonytaibu
    from london

Hi!
    I saw all photos in this thread and I like all photos. Above photographs are really nice. Both photos
    are old but both are amazing. Thank you for sharing this photos here.

14. *Kendall*

*Kendall*
    from chicago

IMG_4531.jpg
    does anyone know anything or who built this its in a local museum about 5 miles from my house never seen another or heard of one but very different its a 1936 lincoln zyphyr sedan thought it was worth posting here since we have a great amount of knowlege in this thread
    3947123-920-1200.jpg
    well i found the guy after doin some research took me a while but his name is willard morrison heres a pic

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  15. barry mazza

barry mazza

Bill decarrs truck................?????

Barresse'

16. Rikster

Rikster

Scruff.... I just came across a photo of Tommy's 36 in an early Hop Up (Mark Mortons issue # 2)... Not with a DuValle windshield.. an you probably have seen this photo before... but I thought it would be great to post it here anyway.

Very cool car, would love to see more photo...

[​IMG]

17. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

right on thanks

18. Rod Ari

Rod Ari
    from Finland

I found few pictures from Checker Association´s site. http://www.checker.fi/galleria.php?lang=fi . Old guys are going to restore A2 Checker cab. On their gallery are also old pics from second oldest custom car ever built in the country in -53-56. They changed car to 2d coupe, reshaped front fenders, channeled car, lowered frame, built may shiny parts from skratch (bumbers modified from Kaiser) etc. appearance

I have been told that car still exists and is under restoration to it´s heyday appearance.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

19. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Cool photos Rod Ari, would love to know more about this old finish custom!

20. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

My only question is, why is nobody duplicating any of these styles.

21. Rikster

Rikster

Back To The Top time for this great custom car thread again.

Fuzzy just send me these photos of the 1962 Indianapolis National Custom Show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Nice photos rik! Fuzzy seems to have a huge collection of old photos

23. Rikster

Rikster

A few month ago I bought some nice photo albums on Ebay...
    Some of the photos I have used in some nice Photo Album articles in a Dutch magazine, and some of them will also appear in Kustoms Illustrated.
    Others will be shown here, and on my site.

The majority of the photos was from 80's and 90's custom car shows. But there was also a very nice selection of 50's built customs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Nice photos Rik,will they all end up on your site?

25. Great pictures Rik !!!! I really dig the top 2 you put up. That chevy up top is smooth looking.

26. 00 MACK

00 MACK

That merc on trhge bottom was called Black Magic and done in the 50s by Foxie Elder whpo was drivin cool mercs until a few years ago. The convert was found in the 90s by Conn custom lover Ron Franco and now has an awesome chopped rag top.

27. Hey Anthony , who was that merc that was parked in front of Barris shop mid 50's and I thought it was Bugarin but you said it had texas plates??? The picture is on this thead.

28. Rikster

Rikster

More on that Chevy... I have more on it... but dont have time right now to look for it.

[​IMG]

29. Thanks Rik!!! That chevy is just stunning!! I just love the way Kustoms were done back in the day.... nice simple and clean.

30. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Did anybody see the 52-54 Ford at Omaha World of Wheels show Last week. It had the same taillight treatment as the car with Purple ----- on the licence plate. It was a light lavender color,the rearend was different, kind of like the second photo(mint green car)without the opening with chrome bullets. I took a picture of it, but don`t know how to post pict`s.The car had Nebraska plates, and a tilt front end.