Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo album ---Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by twochops, May 8, 2006.

1. twochops

twochops

Victorian part #2
    ------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files:

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Call me crazy but I think this car also has the drip rails mouded in which may add to the overall organic look.

3. twochops

twochops

Just relax its going to get all better------------TwoChops
    ---------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

4. Rikster

Rikster

Absolutely right!

5. Rikster

Rikster

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

As for the guy who asked about the Chevy with the vette taillights, there a 52 with similar 55 olds and Packard sidetrim but that car had 55 plymouth taillights.It was in Custom Cars magazine around Sept or Oct 57.I know the car in the pics is a 49 or 50 but youd be amazed at how exact the trim is mounted.All the distances as far as trim placement appear to be exact.Ya think the fucker got rear ended or changed.Ill tell ya what!If that fucker has a 55 Chevy grille in it,its the same car, longshot I know.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  7. 39delux

39delux

Here's one. A '53 98 convertible chopped 5 inches, rolled pans, Packard tail lamps, shaved, frenched ect. and in black primer at the Ft. Wayne show in 1959. It was owned by Joe McGann of Joliet IL, a member of the Prison City Customs Club. Looks like the interior wasn't finished for the show.

Tom

Attached Files:

8. Rikster

Rikster

And a few oldies to get back on track again. From ebay auctions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Rikster

Rikster

Color...

[​IMG]

10. Rikster

Rikster

www.wirthscustomauto.com had a series of old slides on their website a few years ago. I downloaded all of them. No I cant seem to find them on the site anymore. Looks like they removed them... to bad since they where very nice old snapshots.... Here are a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice Mild Custom....

[​IMG]

11. 39delux

39delux

Thanks. Your picture is better than mine. Mine was wet at least once during a minor flood. As for the comment about the Chevy with Vette tail lights, that must have been popular. Here is an Olds with Vette tail lights.

Attached Files:

12. I heard the Victorian was getting restored, I just have never seen any pictures of its restoration.

Thanks for all the pictures and the link!

13. Rikster

Rikster

I saved these from the hamb from a long time ago...

George Barris 1941 Buick...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In front of the Barris Shop with Sam's '40 Merc in the background on the right.
    Last two photos where posted by Germ

[​IMG]

14. twochops

twochops

---------------------------------------------------------
    Tom----thanks for posting the Olds at Ft. Wayne.That was my 1st
    show I entered my 57 Ford. Bought and saved two of the
    souvenir pictorial. -- TwoChops

Attached Files:

15. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I fuckin warned yaz! First off we have Ed Walstrums 51 Ford convert from Baltimore Maryland. Next up is a rear shot of the famous "Firebird" 57 Thunderbird built in Paramus N.J by speed and custom shop owner Don Von Dwingelo. The body work is said to have been done by Hawthorne N.J. builder, Tony Bruskivage.The red 55 Merc front shot was Vic Zaikaines from Brooklyn. The two woman are sitting on a Frank Maratta built 53 Buick Skylark and the George Remington chopped 49 merc also done by Maratta. I own the 49 Merc today. The pic was Marattas display in the 56 Hartford Conn Autorama. Same cars are in the next pic. The last pic is "The Midnighter" 51 Chevy owned at the time the photo was taken by Richie Zadroga of Jersey City, New Jersey. The work was done by Enfield Auto Body in Lyndhurst N.J. Richie updated it with quad headlights and candy Red paint supposedly by Tony Bruskivage but Bob Nitti says he did it. The last known owner was John Kipe of Philadelphia Penn. It was last seen broken down on the side of the road on the Deleware Turnpike according to Richard Glymphm in 66 or 67.

Attached Files:

16. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I couldnt leave you with out one last pic of this gem! It was a 55 Merc owned by Vic Zikaine of Brooklyn N.Y. if memory serves me correct. I gortta run right now. Ill fill in the blanks and answer any questions later if anyone cares! LOL Theres alot more where these came from but I have to go to Kinkos to post them.

Attached Files:

17. 39delux

39delux

My program got soaked clear through in a recent flood. First time in the 20 years since I built this place that I had water. Anyway, I got it dried out but it's not mint anymore. I had old magazines hanging all over the shop drying. Made me sick.

Tom

18. 00 MACK

00 MACK

nope.

19. Rikster

Rikster

Very nice photo of the Ayala built Wally Welch Merc.

[​IMG]

Ron Dragoo Mercury... (cleaned up photo from the Barry Mazza Collection)

[​IMG]

Sam Barris and his Buick. (cleaned up photo)

[​IMG]

20. vertible59

vertible59

OOMack, I know it's not that old, but do you have any pix of Bob Nitti's "So Low" shoebox? I always liked that car (and Bob too), and it would be nice to see it again.:)

21. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Well Ill grab a quick one off another thread that Chopolds put up. Cecil Proffit of Portsmouth Va. built the car in the early 80s as Im sure you know. Heres Nitti hanging out by the car at Hanover Pa in 86. The sectioned coupe was also a Cecil car and the yellow Pro Sled shit thing was also there that year. I cant believe I was only 13 the day this pic was taken. By the way, You know a guy named Mark Mashin that had a white chopped 50 Merc coupe with a curtian rod grille in it from Georgia that was at that show?

Attached Files:

22. vertible59

vertible59

Yes, and I met Cecil at a Virginia Beach show, many years ago. At that time, he had a gorgeous chopped merc, and was a really nice guy. Do you know Manny Bastio from NJ? Often wondered what happened to the wild 50's built 4-dr Merc he had. Last time I saw it, he was driving it in primer at an 80' KKOA event.:)

23. 00 MACK

00 MACK

That event was the show where this pic was taken.I was talkin about a different guy, not Cecil. Mannys now tryin to sell the Merc which unfortunately there are no old pics of so we cant put em on this thread. Its been all on ebay and such painted candy blue.

24. vertible59

vertible59

Yes I do...that's me, but the last name is Madden (good Irish name). Times got hard and I had to sell my Merc. The last I heard, it ended up somewhere in Ca. Those were some good days back then, when the kustoms started pouring out of the woodwork! It seemed like almost everyone was friendly and very supportive of each other, and of everone's ride.

25. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Ant,who built that god awful 55 Merc from Brooklyn?

26. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Those are some fabulous pictures.

27. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

The girl on the right looks like Jack Nicholson as The Joker in the Batman movie.

28. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Joe, I think it was owner built. I hope someone didnt pay for that! As far as that hag sitting on the fender of my car, in the pic above, I combed all the nursing homes in Hartford, pic in hand, trying to find her for a quick fuck but she wanted to charge me too much! LOL

29. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

I actually kind of like that '55 Mercury from Brooklyn. I know it's too much, and over-the-top, but it looks kinda good--if you overlook the taillights, and maybe also the bumpers.

30. some cool pics...