Register now to get rid of these ads!

Phoenix area upcoming swap meets of interest

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by applekrate, Oct 7, 2012.

1. This thread is to share auto related swap meets in the greater Phoenix metro area.

Sunday Oct 21 Glendale college
    Sunday Nov 4 Glendale college
    Saturday/Sunday Nov 24-5 Az fair grounds

My understanding is there is another this month in Mesa. If anyone knows the date, please post. Otherwise, I will look for it and post here.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hot damn it's time to go back outside again!!! God I hate summer... Pretty sure the ASRA swap is on Oct 28th out at the technical center on Main in Mesa. I will double check though.

3. I'll agree that the somewhat milder weather is most welcome. Let us know on the Mesa meet. I think you are correct on the date.

4. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

Yes the ASRA swap meet is at EVIT on main street between Alma School & Dobson on sunday oct 28.

5. Not so much at duece day, but the other link maybe a small one.

6. I'd like to remind everyone there is an auto parts swap meet this Sunday at Glendale Community College. 59th ave/Olive. It is one of the bigger ones normally.
    I'll be there if I am in town.

With the weather slowly getting nicer, auto swap meets are shifting into high gear. There will be one every weekend now, at different places, for some time.

Happy selling and happy hunting!

www.pontiacheaven.org

Hosting-
    4th annual Pontiac Buick Olds FALL FEST Speedworld
    Saturday, Nov 3
    also-

7. Did anyone make the auto swap meet this morning in Mesa? I am up in St Johns or I would have gonel Curious if anyone here attended.

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, I got out there pretty late but scored a much needed new pair of rear tires for the Plymouth.

9. Good for you! Glad to hear someone got a deal. I was up in the White Mountains so, ended up not going.

10. This sunday @gcc

11. I was there. Saw some good stuff for sale. Ended up buying some tires and a rim. Almost bought an intake.
    There will be a lot more stuff at the next 2 big ones this month
    Good Guys and Fair grounds.

I saw Kerry there today, he had a space and was selling some vintage grilles screens in their original packaging. Neat stuff.

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Some how I missed Kerry! 'Matter of fact, I was skunked this time around and came home empty. The increadible Miss Judy however bought more stuff than we could haul home in that damn little car of hers. I keep telling her if she is not careful, one of these days that white van from the TLC's "Horders" show is gonna roll up and start hugging her an telling her everything will be O.K.! Well maybe that's just my twisted imagination...

13. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

I can vouch for the twisted part!!!

14. Hey Keith, my neighbor says he worked with you at sanderson. He has a'55 studebaker flatbed truck that never moves

15. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Name?? Worked with a lot of people over there in 14 years.

16. Good Guys swap meet starts this Friday. It looks like I am going to split a space with a friend so, planning to be there Fri and Sat. Then, heading over to the Pavillions.
    Yesterday, the very well used 700 trans in my GTO decided it was time so, last night Keith came over and so did Chris and we yanked it out and put in the 700 for my 72 GTO. Should have her up and running today to make GG this weekend. Thanks for the help guys!
    Now, going to decide what stuff to sell for this weekend. Going to fill the trunk.
    Now, my '72 will need a trans.....

17. How did anyone do at the fair swap meet? I took home some real goodies for me. A pair of air bags, a pair of 35 spline billet axles and a set of 4 early style American 5 spokes.

18. This weekend is the Todd Harding swap meet at the fair grounds, 19th ave and McDowell. It is Saturday and Sunday

Also, my understanding is that the Glendale College swap meet is this Sunday as well.

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I wasn't aware of that, buit went and checked the flyer and sure enough... Here it is! Cool!

I know we have some crossover between bikes and cars here locally, but this Sunday is one of two really great bike swaps we have here in town. It's at the Crazy Horse Saloon at 19th ave and Bell on Sunday morning.

20. So, how did the bike show go?

21. Both swap meets were pretty good. I didn't buy anything on Sat but, picked up a set of 5 on 5 slot mags for my Catalina Sunday morning at the Glendale swap.

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The bike show was great, but a little lighter on swap stuff than in years past. Still one of the shows that I look forward too the most every year.

Don't forget So-Cal Phoenix's second Saturday gig next Sat... If you have never been, well, let's just say it's worth the drive from ANY point in this giant valley we call home!

23. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I got one of those magnetic traffic light viewers from the fairgrounds on saturday for $30, I was gonna buy one for $45 on ebay so saves couple bucks and got to see some cool cars an junk. I keep driving around the block looking for traffic lights to try it out :D.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

24. Great, so where is it?
    My understanding it so cal is a chev Ford only deal though, right?
    thanks

25. [​IMG]

3 months from today, April 7, is my 12th annual Nostalgic Show & GO! at Speedworld. All 1981 and older are welcome.

Car show, drags, special exhibitions, Wild A/FX shoot out with altered wheelbase cars, gassers, blown fuel altereds and more. There will be a swap meet area too.
    Special guest is Mr Jim Wangers. He won the US Nationals in 1960 stock eliminator. He is also a noted author, historian and more. Hope to see you all there.

Also that morning is the Glendale swap meet. 2 things to do that day on the west side of town.

26. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Not just Fords and Chevys as far as the swap goes.

3427 E. McDowell Rd

http://www.so-cal-az.com/Upcoming_Events.html

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Huh? No, So- Cal's long running second Saturday deal is open to all. It's a "trunk swap" whick means if you can bring it in the trunk of your classic, hot rod, or antique car you can set up a small swap space. Free! No trailers though, so the bigger stuff stays at home. This happens on the second Saturday of each month and starts around 6:00am and winds up around 9:30 or so. Better get there early if ya want a space though, 'cause they fill pretty quickly this time of year. I would guess at somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 cars last month alone. So-Cal Phoenix is at 34th street and McDowell.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound as snarky as I might have at the begining, 'cause I thought this one was common knowledge. It is one of the best monthly get togethers I have ever been to. I have only missed three of these since it's inception about five years ago! It's that good...

28. Thanks for the info. I had heard of the meet but, avoided it because they are chev/ford only. It seemed if their customers were only that, the swap would be the same. I'll have to make a point to load up some stuff and see what I can peddle.thanks again for the info.