Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pete & Jakes Hydraulic Clutch and Brake kit 33-34?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choppedsled, Jun 4, 2010.

1. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Hello, looking for feedback on Pete & Jakes under floor hydraulic clutch and brake kit, non-boosted. I'm considering installing one in a stock 34 Ford frame. Any input, pics, or recommendations of a simular unit?

I may also go the Chassis Engineering route with thier x-member, but have read about the interference issues involved with fitting thier clutch with thier x-member. Doable but am looking for the least painfull option if there is one.

Many thanks...

2. chuckh

chuckh
    from wy

i had that setup mounted to frame. had to trim x-member a little. my early chrysler hemi bellhsg. interfered w. the brake pedal so i went w. ansen swinging pedals and early 60,s chev. p.u. master cyl. i could,ve made it work but floorpan and trans tunnel would,ve taken more work

3. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

I like that early chev master, have one in the shop. Was/is a popular way to go. Vern Tardel sell a nice pedal setup to use one.

4. chuckh

chuckh
    from wy

ya i bushed the clutch side down to 3/4. keeps the pedal effort down and t.o. brg. from overextending

5. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

6. I've used two, both in a 32' chassis with flatheads. They were frame mounted and worked fine.

7. Idaho/Dave

Idaho/Dave
    from Idaho

I've got one in my 34, everything works good