Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyford40, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenny P

Kenny P

"What color ya gunna paint it?"
    Seriously? Since when is Flat Black is not a color?
    Every single person at work, the gas station, the red light etc....
    Man it gets old!!!!
    I have said Yellow....response was, Cool!
    Blue, Cool!
    Green, Cool!
    White, Cool!
    Red, Cool!
    Seems everything would be cool, 'cept the color I choose.
    I SUCK.:rolleyes:

Montana1 likes this.
  2. 61bone

61bone

Hundreds of pages of drivel and no tech.

3. 5window

5window

I almost couldn't believe this was real, but then I recently saw an article about a woman calling the DVM and complaining her new inspection stickers were just "equal signs" not numbers. The DMV told her to just turn them 90 degrees. I guess I can now believe anything. There is definitely a shallow end to the gene pool.:)

4. 94hoghead

94hoghead

No, just askin...

5. lots of good ones here, not traditional, but it's suprising how many people have owned a '65 Camaro in high school...as with many of the above, just nod and smile...

6. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

All of the above and this one.
    The local car dealer with the overpriced cars that always asks me to let him know if I find a cheap 32.
    If it is cheap,why the fuck would I tell you!!

7. People who join sites and refuse to follow the post rules.

8. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

i agree

9. silent rick

silent rick

that five years from now, some nubie will bring this lame post back from the dead to post his thoughts

time for tech week yet?

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Thats why I love ya man, you understand.

11. roddinron

roddinron

Yeah, the tradition of hot rodding is just wrong!:rolleyes:

12. Well said!!!!

13. edweird

edweird

yea, we're going to billitproof in feb......... whats billitproof? then i explain. well i drive my car there just like it is. ain't nobody gonna turn me away! i say....O.K.then.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OH MAN! I HATE people who miss treat our national flag, it NEVER touches the ground, EVER, and yes there are correct ways to hang a flag on a wall and just like it is up a flag pole is wrong!!
    There is a right and wrong way to fold a falg for storage, there is even a certain way to fold a flag just to run it up a flag pole!
    I especially hate clothing made from our flag, it screams disrespect no matter why you are wearing it.
    People died to protect that flag, every time some fool miss treats it they are dishonoring every one of them who died for my country.

I say mine because I decided they no longer deserve to be Australians after that.

Doc.

15. DUDE I needed a laugh that is GOLD

16. roddinron

roddinron

I understand what you're saying, but be thankful you feel that way, and that your government does not, otherwise, that flag probably wouldn't mean so much to you.
    As a Viet Nam era vet, and lover of what's left of our American freedoms, I'd never disgrace the American flag, but I'm very proud to live in a country where you won't be shot or punished in any way for doing so. When I see someone disrespect the flag, it pisses me off and makes me proud at the same time. In a way, it's the ultimate example of freedom from oppression.
    Sorry to get "political".

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have lost more than enough mates and been wounded myself protecting the flag, I wouldnt mind there being a punishment for the lack of respect some show for it.
    Freedom is good, but there must be limitations.

Doc.

18. 69fury

69fury

The last trash bag in the box of trash bags. You take the bag out of the box, and put the box in the bag.

it's odd, much like a chicken omelet. You take the egg out of the chicken and put the chicken in the egg. That's just diabolical.

19. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

I hate when people point out things on my car that are not original, or when they point out things that are "missing".
    And off topic, I fix appliances, and it seems they all have computers where computers shouldn't be. Like in a washing machine... Your average front load washer (which they are all poorly desinged cheaply built pieces of shit) has 2 or 3 "electronic controls". When these break, and they do quite often they are like 200-300 dollars just for they parts. More often than not you can't check for other problems until it's replaced. So after you spend 400 buck fixing your machine, you gotta put in another pile of money, or cut your losses and replace it.
    Not sure who said it, but someone said "let the mechanics design the cars. (washers in this case) The engineers can just keep making my IPOD smaller...

20. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Running into the second or third owner of a car that has parts on it that I made, telling me how much work "he" had in the car, and about how "he" hand made all of the parts.

Makes me stabby!

21. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Whenever I see some punk rocker, or hippie with an upside down flag, I IMMEDIATELY run over, grab them by the shoulders, and with an EXTREMELY concerned look on my face I yell at the top of my lungs, "ARE YOU OK?!!! WHATS WRONG?!! DO YOU NEED SOME HELP?!!!" Needless to say these kind of dipshits have no clue what I'm talking about... But it scares the shit out of them.
    I have no problem with burning a flag... If it's worn out... That's actually the proper way of disposing of worn out flags...
    It's happened twice so far. Once in highschool, and once about two years ago...

22. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

23. Abomb

Abomb

So Hotrod and Rod & Custom magazines have been wrong all this time...... the term "shoebox" is derived from the new slab sided styling. 1949 for ford, 1955 for chevy.....the ford guys are just jealous that chevy built a prettier shoebox.......:D....turns out that what's inside the box is a better product too......:D

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/projectbuild/45440_buying_tri_five_how_to/index.html

It turns out that one of my pet peeves, are other peoples pet peeves....especially if they're based on incorrect assumptions.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  24. paintcan54

paintcan54

I work retail for my wife at her garden shop. And people talking on their cell phones when I'm trying to help them. I feel like saying, Hang the fuck up or leave.

25. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

This is the truth! Too many ass-hats out there spewing this one.

26. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

What chaps my ass is the way the term gasser is tossed about! If its got or can be fitted with a straight axle its a gasser.... yea right!:rolleyes:

27. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

love the trash bag and chicken omelet comment..
    one of my pet peeves it someone taking out an engine detailing the hell out of it then shoving it back in the same crusty ass dirty engine compartment then constantly popping the hood to show off his engine..

another is ..hey man you got a v-8 in that dontcha??..
    no pal its yugo engine I got cheap..runs good gets great mpg..

says the guy trying to show off to his girlfriend how car witty he was, at the last carshow I was at with my 68 mustang..
    him) hey man.. nice car.. whats in it..
    Me) 302 stroker motor
    him) ah, whats that a 327,got headers to?
    Me) 347 and yes headers
    him)hey I see you got exhaust sticking out in front of your back wheel
    me) yeah you caught me
    him) whats that 2 inch right..(grins at GF)
    me) 3 inch, thats why its out the sides, couldnt get it bent locally to go over rear
    him) bet you have problems going through inspection and with cops
    me) no its tagged qq, no inspection(his gf rolling her eyes at him now)
    him)ah well it aint that loud with just 3 inch pipes..
    me)well Im glad you told me that, did you just put the exhaust on today?
    him)huh?
    Me) drive a honda civic dont you?
    him) puts head down and walks away..

28. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Reading 9 pages of this expecting to read something different from the last pet peeve thread. :rolleyes:

Got to admit the omelet and trash bag comment was pretty good.

29. I Drag

I Drag

440Dave, you win.

30. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Hell, EVERYWHERE!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.