Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Features Pet Peeve of Mine!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Hey, Bama, I just went to E-bay and did what you said.... went from 110,000 hits to a manageable 1500 hits! See bitching does sometimes pay off? Bama, you are my new hero of the day!

Bones

2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Type 1926 Ford in the search box, then on the left, check the top box that says "search titles only".

3. rusty valley

rusty valley

hot rods ta hell, yeah, i know about that, thanks, but i usually dont do that because you may miss some that are just listed goofy and i understand a few of this type of ad is gonna be there. but 215? thats ridiculous. this guys ads are really something...i've never seen such a list of fine print before

4. Actually, you can if you are me and have these kind of rim bolt-on wheels....you can see 2 of the 4 rim bolts on the rim.... 57b8e54950dd2_Picture22127.jpg.693fa2bccc8bc4ab718aeb4d8d0a3dc8.jpg

5. The Shift Wizard

The Shift Wizard
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What we have here, folks, is a man who knows how to forage for turnips in a bramble patch. :rolleyes:

6. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

:) B1qmQK-r4OS._CLa_2140,2000_61wqJO2Hl6L.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX522_.jpeg

Sent from my Bell Candlestick

7. Budget36

Budget36

I like Ice Cream.

samurai mike likes this.
  8. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

If a "peeve" is a small rodent, I'm interested!

49ratfink and The Shift Wizard like this.
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

On line at the post office or grocery store and some asshat is screaming into their cell phone.

Bob

10. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I don't see your reasoning with "lock and load".

To lock is to place the magazine into the weapon and to load is to chamber a round. You can't load a weapon by just locking the magazine into the weapon. Hence, "Lock and load" one 30 round magazine and watch... your lane...

31hotrodguy, ffr1222k and wraymen like this.
  11. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Finally! I agree 100%!

56don likes this.
  12. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    from Spring tx

When someone comes up and says they have a 66 mustang they are restoring, ask you questions and then talks over your answers... It seems the "muscle car" guys have this attitude, guess its "small muscle" syndrome.

Someone wants to act like they are the king d&ck in the room with a gas monkey garage shirt on. Then asks a question, and calls your answer crap cause he saw it on tv a different way. Couch mechanic morons!!!!!

Someone talks about this project with 2000 horsepower sbc for street driving.
    (guessing this guy thinks stickers add Hp)

Crying baby on the fender as display.Also the drive in speaker, drive in tray, and random other crap!

Trinket Rods - Your antique collection should be at home not on your car.

These are a few of my least favorite things!!!!!! Pet-peeve's R US.

The37Kid and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. exterminator

exterminator

My pet peeve is when I get out of my car I catch myself always groaning.Don't know why. I am not in pain!

14. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have any pet peeves! I am unhappy with all of them equally! :D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

RIGHT ON! Happens frequently on my way home. Fairly short cycle traffic light. Dipsticks coming out of a strip mall wanting to cut traffic. There are other means of controlled egress, but these idiots feel entitled to inconvenience everyone else. In the same vein, imbeciles that fail to observe the stop sign "stripe" and stop almost out in the road.
    I often muttered to myself, "That's right, pull it out where I can hit it." (as I am proactively braking). In both cases, as one HAMBer's tag line accurately states, "There is no lifeguard in the gene pool."

16. As long as it is open season:

"That will buff out"
    "Eye pokers"
    "What car?"
    "That will leave a mark"
    and dumb captions from the self-ordained comedians. You're not funny so quit it.

lurker mick, Fordors and jimmy six like this.
  17. Gman0046

Gman0046

Mayo is just what you need to be putting on grilled steak. Try it you'll like it.

18. 40FORDPU

40FORDPU
    from Yelm, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Clever thread titles that render the search function useless..an example might be "freezin' in Detroit", when in actuality the op wants to know how to convert his 6 volt heater, to install in his 12 volt system.
    Speaking of the search function, another peeve is people who bitch about bringing up an old thread.
    I guess it's easy to bitch about shit, much easier at times then to let it roll of your back.
    My 2 cents worth, that you didn't have to pay anything for, anyway have a good day..ah shit I hate those sayings.

31hotrodguy likes this.
  19. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I can't believe no one has posted this yet. You guys are slipping.

091911_Bunny-with-a-pancake_R1.jpg

20. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry, I know I'm going to pi--off some folks. But leave your dog at home. Car shows, big box stores, super markets, etc. At our Saturday morning get together when I see 2 barking at each other I yell " turn them loose and place your bets".

21. NO.....I would not. I don't even like mayo, the communists invented that crap.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bullshaft. Commies invented mustard. Idiots use mustard on hamburgers.
    If you don't like mayonnaise, you're probably a 'Miracle Whip man'. :confused:

23. Yuck! Miracle Whip is even more disgusting than mayo. But wait.....isn't this off topic by now??o_O

RICH B and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. Gman0046

Gman0046

56don, your the one who first brought up Mayonnaise.

56don likes this.
  25. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think this dates back to flintlocks. You make sure the hammer with the flint is locked down on the pan while you load, and ram the round home. Going off "half cocked" was related to the hammer half way cocked. Traditional firearm stuff, never had a chance fire anything with a clip or drum.;) Bob

Dino 64 likes this.
  26. chevy57dude

chevy57dude

Don, the thread has made it almost 24 hours. Just an observation.

27. topher5150

topher5150

getting into an argument with a high school kid who is convinced that mayo is made from bull bukakie, and the their only argument is showing me their phone with google suggested searches.

28. A bunch of different stories around about Lock and Load's origin. The one that I think best fits is the WWII version where a command was given to Lock and Load during a departure or jump out point. This meant locking open the bolt and pushing in the stripper clip.
    The flint lock is actually safe at half cock with the pan shut, fully loaded and it is carried like that.

lothiandon1940, The37Kid and 62rebel like this.
  29. .......I'm a little surprised, Steve, that it hasn't been locked down yet.

hrm2k, anthony myrick and chevy57dude like this.
  30. Well, it's definitely loaded.:)