Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Features Pet Peeve of Mine!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Why do people feel compelled to post the same group of pictures in the classifieds 2 or 3 or 4 or more times?.....There's a truck for sale right now and the poster in his initial ad has posted the same group of full size pictures 5 (FIVE) times!...I won't mention the particular poster or truck, but really guys, it isn't going to help sell your car (or parts) by tying up tons of bandwidth with the same photos.:mad:

2. alchemy

alchemy

I bet it's a mistake. I see it all the time here. Usually they apologize for the multiple pics.

3. ...........I'm sure it's not intentional, at least I hope not, but geez, it's pretty easy to edit your post before or after you post it.

LOU WELLS, ClayMart, Dino 64 and 4 others like this.
  4. RMONTY

RMONTY

If they cant figure out how to post correctly how can they figure out how to edit the post?:confused:

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. rusty valley

rusty valley

same on craigslist they think they are special so they can hog the whole page with the same add that probably shouldnt even be in that search

quick85 and blowby like this.
  6. Mike VV

Mike VV

Pet peeves...!?

Calling items other than what they are.
    *A Harmonic Damper is not a balancer. Even the oh so very few, with counter weights. Their main objective in life is to "dampen" harmonic vibrations. They don't balance anything. The guy in the machine shop does that..!
    * You cannot bolt a "rim" to a car (well maybe a wide five wheel !). It needs to be the entire "wheel". What is the length of the car, axle to axle...the wheel base...not the rim base. Or how about a rim-well vs the wheel-well.
    Etc.

Being redundant.
    *Front windshield. There's only one wind shield..! The back window is the back-glass in automotive glass terms.
    *Front grill. With a couple of exceptions (Corvair, Volks Wagon on this board), there's one grill. Other small grills are normally called other names.
    *Front hood. Need I say more.
    Etc.

Mike

Oh yea, another out of MANY.
    Me, I drive...my motorcycles..! If everyone just "rides", who's doing the steering, the throttle control, the brakes..? SOMEONE'S got to drive...be in control.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 1:35 AM
    DBruce, ace5043, hrm2k and 8 others like this.
  7. derpr

derpr

I can’t stand it when people offer me Tartar sauce with my shrimp. That’s just not right.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

9. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

10. No, it wasn't a Nova, it was a truck!!!!!!;):D

theHIGHLANDER, Dino 64, hrm2k and 4 others like this.
  11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

So I can live vicariously through all your pet peeves and I will not have the stress ?:D

48fordnut, hrm2k, reagen and 4 others like this.
  12. .......Feel free to do so.:)

DBruce, Dino 64, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

14. mkubacak

mkubacak

This. So much of this. They are wheels. The rim is part of the wheel you ignorant bastards!

15. chevy57dude

chevy57dude

Cabin fever is setting in. Don's got to get some sunshine!
    [​IMG]
    ^see, it made her smile.

16. The only pet peeve I have at this time is I’m traveling down the road and i’m flirting with disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

DBruce, Dino 64, partsdawg and 8 others like this.
  17. porknbeaner

porknbeaner

LOL there is more then one ad that way. I think someone most have got an itchy clicking finger.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

speaking of itchy fingers , I hate running out of toilet paper,

19. .........I'm feeling better already, Steve.:D

Dino 64, hrm2k, Hamtown Al and 4 others like this.
  20. Moon50F3

Moon50F3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You made me look. I like old trucks.

DBruce and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say some guys repost their adds simply because they aren't smart enough to find their old add and give it a bump or even know how to do it.
    The vast majority of sellers in the classifieds don't participate on the board and some never even check it as they are only members so they can advertise parts for free. If Ryan made a "must be an Alliance member to post classifieds the number of classifieds would drop to a handful a day as all the freeloaders would find somewhere else to freeload.
    On the other hand I have run into a lot of guys who only check the classifieds to see what is for sale and never participate on the board either.

I'd have to say my pet HAMB peeve is the guys who ask the same question that has been asked and answered a hundred times rather than doing a thirty second search. Then throw in the guys who ask the question here on the Hamb on the 57.72 Chevy truck board and on Face Book in two groups hoping for the answer they want rather than the right answer that they got here in the first place.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. I hate getting so old that i start bitching about any little thing.

Nostrebor, afaulk, lilmann and 8 others like this.
  23. ..........I hear what you're saying and I agree wholeheartedly, but this particular ad wasn't a repost (although he did bump it today), it was the original ad that had the same group of pictures 5 times!!!! I'm no genius and certainly not a tech savvy guy, but I gotta believe that bandwidth costs money.

hrm2k and The37Kid like this.
  24. ..........I feel your pain.

Dino 64, hrm2k and Thor1 like this.
  25. 62rebel

62rebel

On a side note is the annoying practice of quoting entire posts, pictures and all, several times in responses. Pick and choose, please. We read the post , we saw the pictures, we can scroll back to see them again....

26. .......So true.

27. rusty valley

rusty valley

for those killin time, or need cheap entertainment, go to mpls craigslist, type in 1926 ford. there are about 220 listings, and only 5 are model t's. the rest are some used car lot. i looked at his ad to see why it shows up in a search, and you should see the crap he put at the bottom for search links. it looks like he pulled a paragraph from every book ever written and pasted them all together. you cant read it because its all different topics, and it goes...and goes...and goes on for about three pages like to get every word in the dictionary to show in any kind of a search. its amazing, i have never seen such abuse. i cant believe that falls in the rules ok. dont mean to hyjack the thread, but really, those ads will blow your mind

Atwater Mike and Boneyard51 like this.
  28. I know that girl:).

29. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

30. Mine is people smoking electronic cigarettes around me. Smoking is smoking. HRP