Register now to get rid of these ads!

Permission to view

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by mitch 36, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Sometimes when I click on a attachment or something along those lines, I get a message that I don’t have permission to view or do something or other. What is the story behind this? It just happened again this morning trying to view an attachment from flynbrian48 on the “collector car insurance” thread. Just wondering, Mitch.

2. The HAMB app has a number of idiosyncrasies. Many of them aren't a problem when viewing the site in a web browser.
    I mostly use the app. When I run into a problem I touch the three dots in upper right corner and select 'web view'.
    Hope this helps.

Phil

3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Clear your cache' / cookies - your memory may be maxed out.

4. Not trying to be a smart ass but why is the app so popular? Does it allow you to do things the normal browser can’t do? With all the problems I’ve seen it doesn’t make much sense to switch. Takes me about 5 seconds to log on through my browser on the iPhone.

Thor1 and 210superair like this.

5. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I also prefer web over apps for forums...

wraymen and Thor1 like this.
  6. Thanks guys, it's probably a cookies thing, I wasn't using the app just the regular browser thing. I'll have my daughter look at it, she's MUCH smarter than me when it comes to internet stuff, although so is a rock !!! Mitch

X38, wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.