Register now to get rid of these ads!

Period Correct Antique Batteries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phartman, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Other than one company- www.antiqueautobattery.com- I can't seem to find anybody that sells a battery that looks correct for the late '50s-early '60s time period. Any other companies that you know about? Please post.

Or perhaps there is a current manufacturer that has a logo that is the same, or looks close enough. Pep Boys maybe? Or Exide? Dunno. :confused:

If you have suggestions, please post here. I like the engine compartment looking correct and it bugs me to see a new Interstate battery sitting there in plain view. I've gone to a lot of trouble to make everything under the hood look vintage, and I'd like to do the same on the battery since it is so conspicuous.

Thanks, folks. Appreciate the guidance here.

2. Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  3. henry29

henry29

4. Dang, Virgil and Henry. That is sneaky, sneaky. Hadn't seen one of those. If the bad stuff ever starts to happen, I want you two on my team. Dang that's clever....

5. Giddyup Phartman! Antique Auto Battery is about a half an hour away from my house. I need an original looking 12 volt to fit in my 51' Merc.

6. Twas nuthin'! Glad to help.

7. modelamac

modelamac

here are some decals I made to wrap my new battery.
    I used vintage artwork from delco and designed my own battery cover.
    I thought I turned out ok... I still have to make something for top.
    let me know if I can help you out.

Attached Files:

8. Muttley

Muttley

That is really cool, I'm sure you wouldnt have any problem selling a bunch of those. You may want to use a defunct battery company though, I doubt Delco would appreciate you using their name/logo.

9. modelamac

modelamac

Yeah nothin like the the copyright police showing up at your doorstep...
    This is the only one I've made. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find vintage battery art, then again I only looked for about 5 min.
    Oh well, thought everyone might like to see it.

10. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

11. Wow! That is really cool. I would buy some. I promise I won't tell..

12. pistoncan

pistoncan
    from Missouri

13. beauishere

beauishere

I've bought several batteries from Antique Auto Battery. They are the real deal. Very cool. All our cars have the factory correct batteries in them. Really finishes it off. Good luck.

Aloha

14. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Try New Castle Battery in New Castle Pa .they use to specialize in antique batteries