Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Peotone, Ill. swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by norby48, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Peotone swap meet was great Sunday. I got there at 6:45 and had to set up down in the horseshoe. Great weather for this time of the year. South of Chicago. Rotten economy. Seems like a lot of guys are finally selling off some of their stashed stuff. More BUYERS than usual stimulating MY economy. There was a nice original looking and great sounding 50 Olds 2 dr. there for ( I think) $8,000. I had a good, (and profitable) time, anyway. Got some stuff for my '33 Olds, too.

2. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Ah crap I forgot about it and I went to Chicago on Sunday...would have been a short detour for me ! :(

3. Diamond49

Diamond49

I always forget about that swap meet. Last year, we went too late in the afternoon, and everyone was packing up.

4. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

I didn't find anything but i met some real nice folks out there. seemed small to me

5. bluestang67

bluestang67

As always mostly Chevy and I am looking for Ford stuff . I did walk around the horseshoe a couple times . Did the building a lap or 2 , hard sometimes to see with the crowd ..

6. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

i am in Chicago Thursday friday & Saturday anything going on?

7. I love the small ones because they are usually local clubs and you get to bullshit around with everyone more. It's something to do in March in the snow-belt..................
    I guess 'stang didn't see the nice '50 Olds for sale, or the Buick, Olds, and '57 Ford parts I had on my table.
    Inside the building usually gets crowded in shifts. Hang around awhile and go back in when the crowd thins.
    They have a great fairground kitchen in there, too. Homemade biscuits and gravy.