Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pennsylvania? not another one

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Van Dutch, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Been lurking and getting the rules down for a while now, even posting cautiously as a FNG, but never did this part.

I'm from Havertown Pa, right outside Philly (Go Phils) and work in the communications field as a creative director at an ad agency. I grew up in the car repair and front end alignment business my Grandfather started in 1935, and I love anything automotive that takes me baqck to that time. I currently am interested in commercial trucks and vans of the 50s and 60s with an automotive history...for example. my current project is a 67 Dodge A100 that spent its early life as a push vehicle at local area dragstrips, most notably the now extinct Vargo Dragway in Perkasie, PA.

Thanks for letting me join. Peace.

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

VF, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

3. i dig vans too!

4. welcome from hatboro pa,not to far away from you,we just had a preety big hamb meet at the last vargo dragway car show

5. Welcome from nearby Maryland. Pennsylvania is becoming quite the HAMB haven. I gotta start workin' on some more recruits from the "Free State".......where nothin' is FREE!!.

6. noboD

noboD

Welcome. Is Havertown north or south? Lots of automotive history around Philley.

7. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

8. kman1932

kman1932

Welcome to the HAMB, from nw. PA.

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Welcome to the HAMB from Abbottstown , PA !

10. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome to H.A.M.B. from the (ahem) free state...... of Maryland. Howdy neighbor........

11. My49Plymouth

My49Plymouth

welcome from the poconos - tannersville PA

12. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Thanks for the welcome guys,

Havertown is in Delaware County, Southeastern part of the state, older first ring suburb of Philly.

Hotrodsurfer, I go to Vargo every year, most years with the old van, as it spent a lot of time there in the day, past year I didn't cause it's in my buddy's paint shop (never expect it done on time from a friend!)

Mikevango, what kind of van you got? For me the van intersect a lot of interests, the commercial vehicle thing, the shop truck thing, the 70's culture thing. But mine is trying to be something of a hot rodded but original shop van from the late 60s. Weird, I know, but it a man's gotta have an interest and passion outside work and family, right?

13. Van Fanco, Welcome from N. Texas! You have onee of my all-time eish list rides. You got ant pictures?

14. Mark Lester

Mark Lester

Hey there, welcome from Idaho! If you’re ever in our neck of the woods stop by and say hello.
    Mark Lester

15. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

16. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Welcome..............