Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pennfield, NB, Canada. Dragstrip. US Funny Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by catman69, Jan 27, 2009.

1. catman69

catman69

Does anyone recognise these Funny Cars from the Eastern US?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone here from N.B., Canada remember the Pennfield Dragstrip?
    These were taken sometime mid to late 80's I think.

2. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

1st one is /was out of Boston Mass, I believe
    Other may be..not sure
    Pontiac Slim

3. 79mbu

79mbu
    from australia

I grew up in Saint John, N.B. and remember the old pennfield track very well.

I was in my early 20's in 1969 or 1970 when, together with other local drag racers, I learned that the family running the races was giving it up as a lost cause (financially).

Meetings were called and committees were formed, and I wound up being elected treatsurer of the company that ran the track for the next 4 or 5 years. Track photographer Bob Boudreau was president of the company. We had a lot of fun running those races, but it was a ton of behind-the-scenes work.

In 1973 I moved to Vancouver and, after a number of years I wound up working at the Mission Dragways strip for a couple of years before I moved to Australia in 2003.

I still keep in touch with Bob Boudreau and we have both contributed pictures and comments to the nostalgia Pennfield site.

Glen Brown

4. 79mbu

79mbu
    from australia

Pontiac Slim has already added his input, but I think the first photo that you included may be the old BOSTON STRANGLER racer. The name might have changed due to political incorrectness or due to possible threats of a law suit from the author of the book by the same name.

Glen Brown

Register now to get rid of these ads!