Register now to get rid of these ads!

Penetrating Oil Showdown!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Apr 8, 2009.

1. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

111 trichloroethane is also very dangerous in wells, and is especially bad when breathing it as in taking a shower
    or steam from a dishwasher. I had a house that the land near by was used as an junkyard and the owner dumped
    who knows what over the years.

2. 66

from usa

I am going to mix up some Trans/Ace and try it on an Dodge A-100 I am parting. I have used Trans/Lacquer thinner in the past. It worked well at first but the thinner evaporates if you leave it un covered.

3. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Marvel's Mystery Oil has wintergreen oil in it, or did anyway. I knew a clock repair guy who used Mobil 1 synthetic and mixed MMO in at a rate "just enough to make it pink" as his concoction.

It does seem to work excellent as a penetrant freeing stuck lifters and rings. Another favorite is known as "Ed's Red", long favored in firearms circles as a modern clone of a type of gun cleaning/preservative solution invented by Hatcher consisting of equal parts Acetone, ATF, Kerosene, and Mineral Spirits (stoddard solvent) and a small amount of lanolin; it works great for cleaning BP and regular cartridge firearms and is a dandy penetrant, too.

http://handloads.com/articles/default.asp?id=9

MrEarl likes this.
  4. Mudgy

Mudgy

Jet96 likes this.
  5. 66

from usa

Yes It works, You just need a decent spray bottle that will hold up! Gonna mix some more now, Good use for used tranny fluid.