Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Pending: 1930 Model A-V8 Air Cond. Darn Good.

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Joe Warren, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

City: Kingman

State: Arizona
    Price: 28,500
    QUICK START AD:
    Why am I selling, you ask? Trying to get back to a regular banger. We don't really use the AC or need the power of the V8 since we don't GO ANYWHERE ANY LONGER other than to local car shows two blocks away here in Old Town, or to the grocery store. Distance, we take the Jag. If you have a banger and want a V8 build that's exceptional, try a trade, but you'll have to make up the difference, thus saving yourself the Parts Search, Rebuilding, Figuring, Sweating, Swearing, Confusion, Wrenching, Welding, Finishing, Painting, and you'll have a very fine car in exchange, rather than an unfinished project sitting on jacks in your garage about which you'll never hear the end of it from your Spouse, Significant Other, Landlord, HOA, Kids.

Although I can't imagine having to say it, but apparently one must, Offers are considered. (I negotiate at the grocery store.)

This is a classic Hot Rod, the way they used to build a performance car. California, then Arizona. Zero rust. Some scratches, no dents. We drive it all over town and have for years. It is a car your wife/husband/girlfriend/paramour/concubine/boyfriend/significant other/kidnapee/dominatrix will enjoy riding in: comfortable, conditioned, classic ride...

More images on my wife's art site: WarrenHillArt.com/model-av8-for-sale.html

LONGER ATTENTION SPAN AD:
    Looks stock: Drives like a traditional hotrod from the 50s (only with far more amenities and comfort).

Short drive video at,

1930 Model A-V8 Briggs Town Car.
    Elegant stock appearance with great performance, and good MPGs. All steel body. Frame off not long ago: undercarriage still looks like it.

California, then to Arizona: Always dry and rust-free. Originally built by Roy Sheridan, hot rod buddy to the legendary Ed Farrell. I have rebuilt this car over the last two years improving upon the original build significantly. Now, it's a real joy to drive.

Sincere, heartfelt, genuine, honest, and above all, reasonable offers, shall be entertained.

V8: 1942, 59A (24 bolt) Flathead, Hardened Seats, SS Valves, Adjustable Lifters. About 100+HP.
    Offy Intake; custom dual exhaust with a true flathead V8 sound
    Holley 490CFM 4 Barrel, vacuum actuation terminated and running on two of T-Bird Holley carb
    NEW 1939 Ford 3 Speed (3.78:1 final) running 600W oil in Trans and Banjo Diff
    4-Core Radiator, Closed system with SS reservoir. On electric fan and stays 180-190 any season with or without AC. 4# cap.
    Air Conditioning (Blows very, very cold)
    Alternator: 3-wire for low RPM charging to sustain AC use easily
    High end LeBarron Bonney Interior in very good shape - Headliner, seats, panels: beautiful. Privacy curtains.
    Briggs body (155D): Deluxe Fordor Town Sedan body: the best Henry made.
    1935 Ford 16 inch spoked wheels. (5th included but not mounted to rear carrier. Carrier removed and included in sale.)
    12 Volt system
    Pertronix Ignition
    Turn Signals
    Schneider Cam
    Dual SS exhaust (newer) with great sound
    New Firestone tires
    Rear Fold-Down luggage rack
    Speedometer, Odometer, Temperature, Oil Pressure, Ammeter, Fuel, all work perfectly
    About 6000 miles on complete rebuild
    Very reliable and comfortable
    Ford F100 Steering
    Juice Brakes, Unassisted: Front, 1939; Rear, 1948, NEW Master cylinder, 1967 Mustang twin reservoir for safety.
    1932 Wishbone Ford Frontend
    Non-power steering, but tracks correct and very easy to steer
    Nearly everything is New on this car...

Drive it daily so she has a few small chips (touched up), and still a show-stopper. Starts immediately. Runs very smoothly.
    A pleasure to drive Summer or Winter. (Got a chip in the windshield that looks like a small caliber bullet above the Gas Rationing "A" tag from WWII. Not a hole, but adds something to the look that I like.)

A personal note: This is a classic Hot Rod, the way they used to build a performance car. California, then Arizona. Zero rust. Some scratches, no dents. We drive it all over town and have for years.

More images on my wife's art site: WarrenHillArt.com/model-av8-for-sale.html

(There are four functional sets of seatbelts under the cushions.)

email: WarrenHillProductions@gmail.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    325w and BobcatBob like this.
  2. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

Reduced to $28,500: $34,500 was too much. Clean and clear AZ title. Did I mention that?

3. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

A great car still for sale.

4. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

All steel. As "Ford" as a rod can get.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

This is the post-Thanksgiving bump. So...bump.

6. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

7. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

I cannot believe that someone hasn't bought my car by now. I just cannot believe it. It is unbelievable: just unbelievable. It challenges the universal truth of Men and Machines. "I wept when I saw a man without a left foot: then I asked him if he had an old stickshift hotrod he'd like to sell on the cheap." - Socrates

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

9. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

10. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

Nearly Merry Christmas bump

11. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

12. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

Merry Christmas, and pass the ammo.

wraymen likes this.
  13. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

14. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

15. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

Whoa! 2020! What the hell happened?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  16. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

(Write your review) You must wait 71 hours and 59 minutes and 59.99999 seconds to renew this ad. If you are a robot, stay away from me. Anal probes are not welcome, I don't care what planet you come from. Have you seen Uranus lately?

17. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

One of these days, Alice! Pow! Right to the top!

18. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

Is it not time?

19. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

'bout f'ing time...

20. Joe Warren

Joe Warren

21. Joe Warren

Joe Warren