Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pedal Car Stroller suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowchevypickup, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saw this one at the Primer Nats last weekend...

[​IMG]

2. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

this one is RADDDD!

3. What timing! I just finished my Low Rider Radio Flyer and purchased a used "Speedway" car yesterday. I'm getting some really kickass ideas!

4. LUCKYMOODY

LUCKYMOODY
    BANNED

I built this one in 1991 for my then unborn son.He's now pushin 18! It's a 1950 BMC.It had little chrome lug covers and an interior.The mistake I made was using an ol school chrome lawnmower handle to push it around.Everyone asked if the stroller was made out of a lawnmower, or I heard the comment "Cool lawnmower!". It's garage art now.

Attached Files:

5. Square

Square
    from Canada

Great Thread!
    I just found one in the scarp yard the other day...... I will put up so pictures as progress happness..
    The only problem now is I have twins :eek: so I have to get one more :(

Attached Files:

6. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Ba Ding!

Attached Files:

7. motobilt

motobilt
    from okc

or we can go for the purist!

Attached Files:

8. daddio211

daddio211

Holy shit Steve, that's incredible! Tell us more... lots more!!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  9. claire

claire

My hubby was so keen to have our daughter out on her own in the pedal car, that he made it remote control. LOTS of fun at the Swap Meet. She was only 3 months old at the time. You should have seen the looks she was getting!!

Attached Files:

10. gonzalj

gonzalj
    from Texas

Here's my 2 yr old grandsons car back from the painter
    [​IMG]

My 4 yr olds Pedal car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My 1 yr old Son's Pedal car about to go the painters for a paint job.
    [​IMG]

11. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

I posted quite a while back that I was going to build a hot rod stroller for my grand-daughter. I have it together as a roller finally so I thought I would share my progress with everyone here. I found a cool fiberglass body on ebay and snagged it as quick as I could but wish I had waited because just after I paid the same guy listed the same car in hardtop version. Which I would have much rather have had. Here is what the ad had listed and believe me the body looked better than the pictures when you got it.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><V:p
    [​IMG]<O:p></O:p>
    <O:p</O:p
    I sat and tried to decide if I should go with the lowered street rod stance but my inner self made me go with the old gasser look. First thing I did when I got the body was got the saw out to give it the gasser look.

[​IMG]<O:p></O:p>

Then was time to start building the chassis and straight axle suspension.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some more shots of the car as it is finally coming together.

[​IMG]

More to come.

12. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

More of her little Gasser.

Her first time seeing it and she likes it!

[​IMG]

After a little more work and some help from her.

[​IMG]

After more time on it I am finally at this point right now with it. We haven't decide what color to go with yet on it so it is gonna have primer on it for now. Can you tell she is proud of her HOT ROD?

[​IMG]

Scott

13. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

here is ours - now resides in the attic (kiddies grown up a lil)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. edweird

edweird

paint it up like the badman model kit. Except call it badgirl. Good idea! Yes!

15. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

I was thinking about some candy and lace but I like your idea as well. Thanks you just made the decision a little harder on me.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

16. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Damn. Way cool kiddie karts on here! wish i had one......

17. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

It might not be everyones cup of tea but Firestone actually makes a fully functional 4" rim size wide whitewall tire for countetop displays. This will give a much better ride that solid rubber tires.
    [​IMG]
    Get a set of cheap 4" wheels from Northern tool (or similar store) and switch the rubber but keep the rims, bearings and inner tubes and they are just the right size for pedal cars.

Here is an example of the steering wheel that I make for powercar restorations directly from the mold with the casting sprue and flash still attached. They used this wheel from 1956-67.
    [​IMG]
    I also make an few different hubcaps for 5 inch wheels like this 1957 Thunderbird fantasy cap being formed in my 7" vacuum former.
    [​IMG]
    I make a few headlight lenses and taillight lenses with this machine also and if someone wants to make any custom on off taillights for thier pedal cars with funtional taillights or headlights just send me a wooden form and I can make them in clear plastic.

But most of what I deal with is for larger scale kids car that are electric and gas powered for the bigger kids once they are too big to fit in the pedal cars like these.
    [​IMG]

18. Here is the one I scrambled to get done for my twin daughters first Christmas 10 years ago. Yellow with red pearl and flames. Was a very rough car when found.
    [​IMG]

19. Are these bodies fab'd up or purchased? This one is amazing!

20. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

You mean something like this?
    [​IMG]
    You have to look real hard but they actually made these for dealership promotions in 1962. The powercar company of Mystic CT made Tbirds from 1955-66 changing style each year to match the full size cars.
    http://www.jrcentral.com/thunderbird.html check this webpage for more info.

21. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

A little background on the 1962 Chevy stroller you saw at primer nats.

The body was originally made by Trimex in Mexico. The original body mold was recently sold on ebay so I do not know if it original or not. they made a lot of styles but never with permission of the manufacturer. They turn up at swap meets in the southwest but not too often. here are some other examples.

You can see more on this webpage http://www.roadkillontheweb.com/mex1.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  22. Square

Square
    from Canada

WOW lots of nice cars...
    here is where am at. I have the front end/linkage all fixed.
    you can see the rear sheet metal in the background, starting on the body work after Halloween...
    I now have all the original head lights, hub caps and door bullets.

But I still have no idea who made this??

Attached Files:

23. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Still, nobody has any idea on the blower on the gasser car? Probably handmade, no?

24. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

One day, when the time is right, I will build one of these. WOW

25. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

If you know someone that has one of the blue power wheels big foot trucks that they are throwing away you could get the blower off it.

26. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

Did you notice the front wheel/tire combo on the little '55 gasser? They are exactly as you described using with white wall turned in and some modification to the wheels. The tires are firestones but made by coker and they are sold as desktop displays as shown in your post. I was there over the summer picking up some tires and saw one on the receptionists desk and grabbed 2 immediately. They are pricey at almost $30 each but they are cool and fit the theme of the car perfect.

I am also interested in one of those steering wheels what is the diameter of it?

27. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I thought you might have used the wheels on that car but I was not sure. They look great and are a true WWW.
    The steering wheels I make are just under 8" across. Go to the resources page of my Junior car website for a list of other parts I make

28. edweird

edweird

that little gasser would look so cool done up like that. If their was any way you could bring it to me, i would give you one hell of a deal on the lettering. Ive loved the badman 55 ever since i was a kid. Hope to build a full scale version of it some day.

29. edweird

edweird

Oh by the way, your little girl is a real cutie!!!!

30. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

Thanks man I still don't feel old enough to have a grand baby but I wouldn't trade anything for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.