Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pedal Car Stroller suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowchevypickup, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

Well as you. An see with my pedal.car is for my little.girl. I shaved mine up completely and I'm gonna throw a girly paint job on hers.

2. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Here is my bucket of bolts....OLD very rusty pedal car plus little red wagon and a lot of work by a friend with my ideas and his input equals a lot of fun for me and my grand-kids this summer....hope you like it....stan

[​IMG]

3. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

Hey chevs where did u get that red seat ? Cool pedal.car.

4. thequietwon

thequietwon

Hello...
    Does anyone have a source for a 32 roadster body? Like the ones that used to be sold by Aero Fiberglass & Pops Tops? Both of these companies are gone. This would be the detailed one with the frame horns & all body lines on it. Thanks for any help...
    Sam

5. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

Post.a.pic.of what it.looks.like. I don't think I've seen one before.

6. daddio211

daddio211

Pop Tops is gone??? That SUCKS! Their tops did nothing for me but the bodies are BITCHIN and the guy who did them is really nice. Here's a pic of mine, it's a VERY true 1/3 scale (except for the windshield).

Attached Files:

7. thequietwon

thequietwon

I called the # listed on the Pops Tops website and was told the company no longer existed. He did give me the email address of Scott Gordon (who actually made the bodies) but no reply so far. I posted pics at the start of this thread of one I built 5 years ago for my son. This one was built from an Aero Fiberglass body, but it appears to be the same body that Pops Tops made (same mold at least). I am now building one for my daughter (my son won't part with his...even though he's outgrown it). I like these bodies because they actually look like a 32 Ford. I really hope to find another one, any help in locating one will be greatly appreciated!!
    Sam

8. thequietwon

thequietwon

Here are some pics...

Attached Files:

• j6.jpg
      j6.jpg
      File size:
      460.8 KB
      Views:
    • j4.jpg
      j4.jpg
      File size:
      541 KB
      Views:
  9. daddio211

daddio211

Sam,

Getting Scott Gordon to return an email is next to impossible. I have two phone numbers for him, work and cell. I'll PM them to you but I don't guarantee they'll work.

I've had numerous offers to sell mine, but I haven't bitten. I may actually never get to building it, but I just can't let go of it!

Eric

10. thequietwon

thequietwon

Eric...
    I understand about not wanting to sell yours. Thanks for the P.M, neither of those #'s are working either. I talked to Dick Williams from Poliform today...I understand that he builds a very similar body, although it's quite a bit more. I am waiting on some pics to verify what it looks like.
    In the meantime, if anyone has one of these they would like to sell, or has a line on a source, I would greatly appreciate it!!!
    Thanks...
    Sam

11. daddio211

daddio211

Sam, another PM sent with more info. Now...

...I NEED ONE OF YOUR AXLES AND TWO OF YOUR SPINDLES!!!

Hook me up my 1/3 scale hot-rodding brother!!! :D

12. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

Wow that black pedal car is awesome. Did u make the drop spindles ?

13. Mr Wicked

Mr Wicked
    from cali

here is the 32 body we sell.. doesnt have the frame rails... i do have a 32 3 window that has the frames rails that we can make into a 32 low boy

here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mr Wicked

Mr Wicked
    from cali

hey Daddio i can make a mold off of your body think about it and let me know....

15. daddio211

daddio211

I think the proper thing to do would be to have Scott Gordon's approval first, know what I mean? Then I'm all for making molds, let's just give credit where its due.

16. Mr Wicked

Mr Wicked
    from cali

I agree:D:D:D

17. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

The frame rails look.awesome.

18. thequietwon

thequietwon

From what I understand, Ralph Galliford originally built the mold for the body. Years ago he built a totally bitchin 1/3 scale pedal car of a '32 Roadster (painted in Socal colors). I have seen this body made by Scott Gordon, Aero-Fiberglass, and I am told that Poliform makes one as well. I am waiting on a picture of the Poliform body...if it is the same, I will go ahead & get it. I have to get going on this for my little girl so she can ride in the spring! In the meantime, if anyone comes across one, let me know!!

As for the questions...yes, I made the spindles. They are just flat stock bent to match the axle, with an axle stud welded to them. Eric, I'll pm you on the axle...

Sam

19. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

im digging it..clean and simple. What kind of wheel are the fronts ?

20. thequietwon

thequietwon

Those are Astro (I think) 6" gokart wheels. I used the outer halves & made the inner. I turned down the wheel lip on a lathe to make it look more like a car wheel. The tires are off a lawnmower. When I built this one, that is the only wheel I could find. I think they are too big, that's another reason why I turned them down...to make them "appear" smaller. In person, though, they look good.
    For my daughter's I have scored a set of miniature kidney Halibrands...4"s for the front & 5" for the rear...
    Sam

21. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

22. spitzbohunkel

spitzbohunkel

Hi guys, the 32 roadster body designed by ralph galliford from colorado? was marketed by jay bolton's company PEDALS in cal.back in the 90's. It was manufactured for him by dick williams at poliform. Dick could give you the whole story. It was copied by many. If you have a mar.1992 street rodder mag there is an article on these. Wow almost twenty years ago. I was ate up with these little cars as my son was just a year old when I built his first stroller! I also built one of the 32's for my daughter in 1995? They are an exact 1/3 scale replica , so if you could divideby 3 you could scale the car ie. 5 inch wheel scales to 15inch ,6 inch scales to 18 inch. On my daughters I stretched the nose 1 inch and raised the rear wheelwells 1 inch .I also had the good looking Duval windshield and layed it back a little //// we made up the little 5 spokes for the front and super widened the rears for go cart dirt track tires .This was a learning experience for me, that I have used to this day. I also made a pattern for a dropped axle and found a local foundry to cast them up. I realize this response is useless without pictures, but I am computer illiterate and will try to have my daughter post up pictures when she comes to visit.

23. daddio211

daddio211

Heck yeah dude, we need those pictures! Tell her to hurry up! :)

24. I picked these up today!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. daddio211

daddio211

I don't care for trailer queens, but show us more of the trailer! Too cool!

26. The guy I bought these off of made it all out of steel with a aluminum deck !! It has amf wheels and hub caps and is powder coated !! He was going to sell them on eBay made a few and they did not sell for what he wanted ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. rodworks

rodworks

i need some close up pics of how you guys made the handles to push the cars. i just built my daughter a murray car and want to make a push handle for it..here is her new hotrod..
    [​IMG]

28. radical flyer

radical flyer

heres one for all us big kids.yes its mine.

Attached Files:

29. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

You're gonna have to post a pic of where u want to mount it rodworks..nice colors.

30. This is the one I'm building for Scarlett Fever !!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.