Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods PCV VALVE SIZE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bert Kollar, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

How can I determine if my PCV valve is adequate. I just picked one that fit the tube and space.
    This is a 270 Dodge Hemi I converted to a PCV system. I used the primary carb on a triple carb manifold and tapped into the air cleaner

2. squirrel

squirrel

How about a picture? the thing about "tapped into the air cleaner" makes me wonder how you connected it...because the air cleaner is not where the PCV valve connects. Should go between the intake manifold plenum/runners and the crankcase

3. stimpy

stimpy

it should connect after/under the throttle blades/carb into the manifold its better to do it this way instead of one runner as the vapors can cause a knock/preignition as it lowers the gasolines resistance to it , instead the vapors get spread out and diluted more evenly in the manifold .

on the draw side , the Cam valley area makes a good place as its in a low wet oil mist/vapor area , and will pull the bad vapors out and not suck up oil .

the crank case breather inlet should be filtered air and can be hooked to the air cleaner .

as for figuring out size of one to use , a stock gm unit of comparable CID of the 1970's should work , stay away from trucks as they often have a lower number due to cam profiles one for a 265 pontiac should work .