Register now to get rid of these ads!

PCV question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nick O, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Nick O

Nick O
    from Ohio

I have seen on here where several that are running electric fuel pumps on their SBC have drilled and tapped the fuel pump block off plate and ran a pcv valve from that location. I am running a manual pump so this option is not available, but do you think I could put a hose nipple in the 3/16 NC hole that we always have to put the bolt into or it will leak oil and run a line up to the carb base and out a FV100 valve in the carb base?? The hole I am speaking of is directly in front of the fuel pump plate on the front of the block, I have always been told we need to bolt in there because it goes to oil. Would something like this work therefore not drilling the valve covers?? I have the old style oil breather/fill in the front of the intake.

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I would think being that low on the block it might suck some oil instead of just fumes, but no way to know for sure unless you try it. I have seen people install a pcv into the side of the oil fill tube and they claim that worked ok.

We have been experimenting with pcv valves lately and are learning not all of them are created equal. Some are made to suck enough volume to do a small 4 cylinder motor and some are made for large V8's. If you put one in that has too small of a orafice (sp?) it will not evacuate enough from the crankcase and you can get blowby out of the breather on the other side. We finally found one for a 6.6 Ford Bronco that flows enough to let the breather on the other side do it's thing and let fresh air in.

Just thought I would pass that along.

Don

3. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

you can buy oiler filler tubes that have a place for a screwin pcv