Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pay it foward = free parts for HAMB members

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axeman39, Mar 18, 2008.

1. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

I believe all belts are spoken for..pending on tan ones {DJP}--chuck

2. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

How about some amc inline six motors? one is a 199? the other is the next bigger size? Low mile motors... not gonna ship but - a 69 nd a 72 I was told.

3. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

No luck on the extra plates. My wife had claimed a small stack (32', 33', and 40' for decor in our new house). I have a feeling that the large stack (about 15-16 plates) of 40-60's plates that I had went missing when the house next to my mom's was built a few years back. They were in the shed next to the property line. Some tools and ramps went missing as well. Sorry fellas. I will keep looking though!

I wish I could have come through on this one. :eek:

4. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

In lieu of my "jumping the gun" on the plates, I am offering up a Desoto FSM! Well worn from years of use by the guy that I got it from.
    [​IMG]

I will be sure to dust it off and clean it up for you.

5. I did not read this complete thread but I just wanted to let everyone know, a fellow hamber just helped me out with this same attiude, I posted a question and not only did I get complete answers in less that 10 min, this HAMBER has offered to send me the parts I need for FREE! I just hope I can help someone when I can.

Thanks HAMB

6. CGkidd

CGkidd

I will take the manual. I just picked up a 341 so this would be useful.
    PM sent

7. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

its yours, your PM came through 1 minute before someone else! Responding now. :cool:

8. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

I've got two 30/31 cowls up for grabs! I had planned on doing a low buck moodified body, but just couldn't resist a roadster.
    They are both closed car models. One is very solid with minimal rot, but as a 19 year old I cut the posts down to about 6".
    The other one is one step away from becoming yard art, but still salvageable or good for mock up in my case. I have a pretty whipped set of doors to go with it too. This might be right up some young guns alley. The price is right!

here is the more rough of the two
    [​IMG]
    local yokels only please, I'm not trying to ship this. I'm in the SF bay area.
    I'll get a pic of the nicer one when I get home.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  9. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Any of you evening lurkers want some free crap?

Your converse are not shop shoes. Buy boots.

10. metalix_421

metalix_421

Are you giving away free boots??? :)

11. nickk

nickk

I like free boots thier my favorite :)

12. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

I could probably arrange some free used boots as my employer buys me new red wings every 6 months :)

This is my TJJ app signature
    Your converse are not shop shoes. Buy boots.

13. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Got an AMC 360 builder thats been torn down. Everything but the front cover and oil pan is there. Free to anyone who wants to haul it outta my garage.

Also got a set of '78 Ford 460 "smog" heads I'll throw up here.
    Local pickup only on those as well..

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I needed a 3.5 stroke crank for my Lincoln 368.
    I picked up a truck 317 for the crank. So I have a lot of parts left over. Stock two bbl. intake. Exhaust manifolds. Single exhaust type. Valve covers. Really small port heads. You get the idea. Come and get them if you want them. [email protected]...........................Parts gone.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  15. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Free iron table used for welding. Pick up only in Pasadena CA area. PM me for details. Also free 3 corrugated welding screens and 2 iron saw horses. Going soon.

DO NOT GET THEM IF YOU PLAN TO SCRAP THE METAL!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  16. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

17. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I could really use a good solid horn ring for a 53/54 Chevy 210 or Bel Air. Don't even care what the finish looks like. I just can't bring myself to pay $55 for a Chinese-made repro that is conditionally BETTER than what I'm looking for anyway. I'm SURE I have quite a few things to offer up to another HAMBer in need.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  18. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

btt for new guys

19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

has anyone got a set of 26-27 T roadster windshield posts/frame?

20. didnt get any for your birthday??:p

21. 77powerwagon

77powerwagon

Got a power glide unknown condition but it doesn't smell burnt, or a 61 buick special automatic 2 speed with converter. Just needs reverse band readjusted. In West Chester PA

22. Never mind the parts didn't come though.

I will be cleaning house later this year and anything that is not going up for sale will be posted here.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  23. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

ha! nope. but i brought home a 26 T roadster body last night...

24. gonzo

gonzo

I demand pictures now!

25. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Bare BBC block with head studs. The block is filled would need to be machined. It heavy but free.

Valencia, Ca

26. gauto5150

gauto5150
    from LA

71-75 Maverick gas cap. Sure is ugly but if you want it, pay the shipping.
    Hell I'll eat the shipping if you talk nice about me....
    [​IMG]

27. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

all right a looking post, need the fuel pump hanger plug for a 90 lincoln,daily driver and the only thing I have running, other then my feet at the moment, same one on lots of ford stuff with the vertical tank, stupid pins have corroded and I can't find one anywhere, no luck at the yard and not a part you can buy, car is sitting until I find one, no way to get around the plug, the pins for the male side are attached to the fuel pump hanger , I can make stuff and I can't figure a way around this plug, will be walking until then, thanks!!

28. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I could add it to my car stuff hanging up if no one is in desperate need of it

29. zgears

zgears

Free - 49 ford turn lens and 46 Ford turn lens.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  30. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

OK, someone did something really nice for me today and sent me a horn ring for my '53 Chevy along with a piece of glass I bought from him. I had mentioned that the car was complete with the exception of a horn ring, and that I just couldn't justify paying $54 for a Chinese-made repop. To my surprise, after removing my new vent window glass from the box I noticed that the box was still a little on the heavy side. I reached in and found a decent horn ring.

It made my whole day despite a few shitty things that happened (like the ATM suffering a paper jam and ripping me off $220 of my withdrawal). He is a non-HAMBer, but a helluva guy, so I think he would approve of me paying his good deed forward here on the HAMB.

So, in paying a good deed forward, I would like to offer up a pair of 48-50 Ford tail light assemblies for someone who has been considering a custom tail light swap on their ride. The buckets are rusty but usable with a little cleaning up, the bezels are about pitted all to hell but could probably be smoothed out and filled, and the glass lenses are in really nice condition despite a small chip on one of the lips, but that is covered by the bezel anyway. They're free. Just pay the shipping and I'll send them out.

I have been hanging on to these with the intention of using them on something myself someday, but one good turn deserves another, and this is what I can offer. Please don't let me see these for sale on eBay or the likes. That's not the sentiment behind this. Only someone who will USE them, please.

Attached Files: