Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paul Webster - the scum. Update.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Feb 13, 2012.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. striper

striper

Wow. Some small bit of satisfaction for you Pete.

Interesting quote out of one of the articles you linked:

"That there is a new sheriff in town when it comes to internet fraud. – Where as recent as a year ago we could not get any state or federal agency to pay attention to cases where there was under $100,000 in losses, the United States Postal Service has recently become the primary point of contact for what are considered “small” cases of internet fraud."

3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  4. X55GasserMan

X55GasserMan
    from CT

Good luck in your pursuit,...I'm going thru the same right now. No sleep for me.

5. striper

striper

Oh shit. Only did 2 months.

6. Wat_Tyler

Wat_Tyler
    from right here

If you need some help in Tampa, please ask. My son is there, and he is very smart, smooth, professional, and wise beyond his years . . . and lives in downtown Tampa. I could persuade him to make some calls if need be.

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably not the same guy if he had a Cape Coral address in 2007. Wasn't he in Prior Lake, MN in November of 2007 when you first had problems with the dickhead?

HubCapBill36 likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

Well if its the same guy this will make him a little easier to find for the Minnesotan population.

Panhead if I was closer I would go see him for ya. I have been a little frustrated lately and a good conforntation may do me a world of good. Maybe you should try and get a KC area bum to rip you off. ;)

Ebb,
    The thing to remember is that professional scammers often have many adresses. He may seldom if ever get to any of the known adresses if he is smart. I used to have a post office box in California when I lived on the road and I could get my mail sent to anywhere in the US from there. It was just a matter of popping into a post office and getting my mail forwarded to General Delivery at that post office. It is way easier now that we have post office box stores.

Just a thought, I'm not the world's reknowned expert on hustling another fellas money.

9. A real P.O.S. apparantly, Like we need another POS in our communitty on the HAMB or worse yet with a gun. You do know that Tampa is Hillsborough County right? Naples is Collier County, and Cape Coral is Lee County, hope that helps, TR

10. txrider

txrider
    from Texas

Yeah that's why I don't buy any vehicle or expensive item over the net or through mail, if money changes hands it's only after I have the thing in my hands.

If I had to I would have a more trusted person pay and pick it up for me, but still no cash until item changed hands. Too many crooks out there.

Good luck getting the guy. Might want to just call the feds and work your way to who has him through the phone.. I know Oz law enforcement was pretty good with me when I had to call them on someone a few years back.

11. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Scamming gun buyers huh? Doesn't sound like the smartest choice to piss that part of the population off. Hope he ends up holding one backwards.

12. Your right about that buddy, funny thing is you would also be amased. I'm on a dozen or so gun blogs, sites, etc., and you can't believe all the B.S. people try an pull and get over on others with. Part of being a respectable and law obiding gun owner, ownership comes with a price. You have to look the other way and eat shit sometimes, rather than contribute to the thief mentallity and become just as sleazy as they are. If we as gunowners fall victim to thier mentallity, we ALL become 1 step closer to losing our Constitutional right our forefathers have so graciously provided for us. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

13. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Ryan Ryan Ryan, When you delete one you should delete all

14. 73RR

73RR

x2.

15. When you are buying a gun out of the trunk of somebody's car there are a lot of pitfalls to watch for getting stroked is pretty minor compaired to the worst case scenario. :eek:

16. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Did you read the links In the first post? This is important to some people here who have a bone to pick with this guy.

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Pete, I am minutes away from Cape Coral and about an hour from Naples, if you need anyone to snoop around about this guy, let me know. I would be happy to help.

But my question is, do you think this is the same guy? I know a lot of Northerners come here in the Winter, but Paul Webster might be a common name and they are actually two different guys.

Just PM me if I can do anything, make any calls, etc.

Don

Pete, I've done some internet searching and I don't think it is the same guy. There seems to be only Georgia and Florida involvement, no Mn from what I could see. I also looked at the picture of the guy you posted next to the Model A coupe and it looks different from the mug shot. But I am open to doing whatever I can.

18. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Seems there' a double standard on the HAMB:rolleyes:

19. wvenfield

wvenfield

I had one of those once. Have any pics? I'd like to see another.

20. Larry T

Larry T

On a site that moves as quickly as this one and considering the amount of material that moves through here with several moderators, things aren't always gonna get handled the way you think they should in your world or even handled the same everytime. Looks like the options are live with it and keep posting, go somewhere else, or poke at the site owner with a sharp stick and see if things get changed to suit you (that's what I'd do :rolleyes: )
    Larry T

BTW, I'd love to see Panhead Pete get a little satisfaction out of his deal. If I remember correctly there was a LOT of money involved.

21. S.F.

S.F.

did you ever get your money back?

22. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

There was none to get back just get , bet double or nothing lost to gaints:(

23. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

You need to lighten up, The line forms at the rear :rolleyes::eek:

24. Your a good man Don, I knew you would offer help and step up if you had too. I try an help anyone when I can too. Did I get the county's right for your coast?

25. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

TR, yep, you were right on with the locations of those counties. I've tried going deeper into public record info on this guy and am only getting the same writeups that we have already seen.

The online White Pages do show a Paul C Webster in Prior Lake. Age 52

http://www.whitepages.com/name/paul-webster/Prior-Lake-MN

Don

26. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys - lets keep this drama free. It was well over $10K Super Plus so unbunch your panties - Ryan has previously helped with this and a lot of other guys hence the post. Appreciate all the offers of help to date. Yes Im not sure if its the same guy but I never really had proof he was in MN to start with except a bank account was there. With some help I did track him to Florida a couple years ago so maybe it is him. he had ripped people off snow mobile forum too...

I learnt a BIG lesson re this but have had MANY great experiences buying over the net, including from members here. Will advise more once I hear back from the local LEO's that were involved in his arrest. Thanks again guys.

27. Anyway we/I can help Pete, I'm over on the other coast from all the city's mentioned, yet if I can help I will. Good luck friend - TR

28. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I really hope you eventually find this guy. Im in MN btw so if you want this guy checked out let me know