Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paul Newman, RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Sep 27, 2008.

1. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

2. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

A bit late I know,but respect & R.I.P.
    I can hear him right now,my son may as well have 'Cars' on a loop.

3. fabuthis

fabuthis

[​IMG]I was honored to be part of the build team for what would be his last Volvo wagon . It is a 98 Volvo v70 with a 06 C6 corvette engine and a 6spd auto . The car was a gift from his race team and they presented it to him at Lime Rock were he made his last laps around the track .
    Mr Newman thank you for all you've done R.I.P. race in peace

4. boldventure

boldventure

5. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

I was lucky enough to meet Mr Paul Newman at Nelson Ledges Road Course in north east Ohio near Warren where he would try to keep a low profile and enjoy a week end of racing. He used to show up there in an older 20 or 24 foot Dodge van truck and it had Blue Mule Racing on the side of it. Very much a racer and above all ,a total gentleman. Always had time for a quick hello to his fans and admirers. Then he would get in his car and race his heart out. He will be sadly missed by all who knew or in my case were fortunate to have met him . R.I.P. Paul Newman

6. iadr

iadr

not to quiblle in this thread, but that's an s90. A v70 is FWD.

7. kustomrace

kustomrace

I'll add my PLN story and my prayers...I worked in the Trans-am series for many years with diffrent teams.PLN alwalys ran the lime rock event(his home track)with us.He was running the Riley+scott chassie toybox had a pic of.My mom wanted to meet him,so I told her to ask about his car,not his movies.He spoke to her for 45 minutes!He wanted to be known as a racer at the track,just one of the guys, not the amazing actor he was.A true mans man.Dave