Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paul Newman, RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

2. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Man this makes me so sad. Paul Newman was one of my favorite people in the whole world..long live Hud.......Lucky

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

"The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean" was one of my all time favorite Paul Newman movies, you need to see it before watching "Cars" .

4. With thast distinctive voice, he literally became a Hudson in the movie "Cars". I will always remember Paul Newman, as he has been around all my life.
    Humanity will miss him.
    God speed and rest in peace my friend.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

6. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

Paul Newman is the kind of guy that arrives at the Pearly gates with the engine racin', tires smokin', the gears grindin' and the brakes squealin' doing a gravel slide at the entrance, just before telling St. Peter "I'm here. Where do I park?"

St. Peter replies "We have a spot reserved for you Paul. Right there. First one on the left."

He naturally commanded respect and attention just by the way he carried himself and through what he did, but he never demanded or expected it. He was one of the few that can honestly say that he led his life the way HE wanted to. He took no crap, but treated people decent.

He was a racer that made other famous racers feel humble when in his company. A.J. Foyt called him "Sir"

Paul Newman may have left us in body, but his spirit will live on forever through our many memories of him.
    He's now at the big track in the sky, preparing for a different kind of race. Only I think that for him there's no need to qualify. He automatically takes the inside pole position.

RIP

7. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

8. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

R.I.P.-Cool Hand.

9. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

man that's a shame.

-danny

10. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

This makes me about as sad as I can get outside something directly affecting family. To call Paul Newman a legend, hero, role model... It just falls short. He was an ICON for more than one generation.

11. the man defined class... r.i.p. Mr Newman

12. V7

V7

I was honestly choked up with tears in my eyes when I read the news.We just lost one of the few things (people) that rings true in this gameshow called life.Thankyou for all the wonderful memories.

13. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

"I can eats fifty eggs". Classic. MY favorite actor ever.

14. God Speed Paul...!

My favorite film of his...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dW1Grq1r3l0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dW1Grq1r3l0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fV7LkhZlvxc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fV7LkhZlvxc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  15. 53chevy

53chevy

The Best of the Best! Thanks for being Paul Newman.

Ken

16. racer756

racer756

17. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

18. NAFTA

NAFTA
    from Europe

One Man one inspiration.
    Thanks Paul Newman...
    R.I.P

19. coupedevil

coupedevil

20. Mr. Kool has left the house, I will miss Doc hudson , most

21. MissPrint

MissPrint

Dayumit. Plain and simple. Dayumit. Godspeed, Brick. You were one of my first crushes. . .

22. Thumper

Thumper

RIP...... He was the real deal. A great loss to acting, racing.......and HUMANITY.

23. RIP Luke

Hey, Babalugats. We got a bet here.

24. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

25. RIP Paul Newman ..

26. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

R.I.P. He will be missed.

27. I live out east on Long Island. Paul has a summer place in East Hampton. The last time I saw him, (no, I didn't know him, my loss) he was coming out of a bakery carrying a loaf of bread and then jumping into a 53 or so Benz. It was a survivor and smoked a bit when started, paint was faded, I guess we call that Patina now? and he took off. A real car guy for sure.

28. Eerie; I fell asleep watching Winning last night. RIP.

29. One more thing - I had the pleasure of babysitting Jeff and Steve Carlson and Dave Hanson - the Hanson Brothers from Slapshot - at a hockey function here a while ago. They insisted Paul Newman stole their recipes for salad dressing and chili:)