Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Paul Becks roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

anyone have any pics of Paul Becks 32 roadster?Thanks,Louie

2. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I have some some where. Which one you talking about? His B-ville car, the black roadster he built 25 yrs ago or the Veda Orr recreation?

3. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

looking for pics of his black one with the 2x4 setup.thanks for any help.

4. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

My scanner is down for now, I'll send you a pm.

5. alchemy

alchemy

I have pics somewhere from 20 years ago, when he came to Des Moines' Goodguys (or maybe the Midwest Nationals). I'll never find those pics though.

I remember him discussing the "surgery" he performed on the body. Sounded outrageous back then, but that's what you have to do to save a real Henry body nowadays.

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I traded Paul an original '32 roadster body for the chop job on my '32 2dr. It was a mess and was before Brookville came out with their repo one (or I would have kept it and rebuilt it myself). Anyway, Paul told me that his black roadster was in worse shape when he started on it. That was hard for me to imagine but after seeing the quality of the chop on my sedan I surely believe it. I also got a ride in his 270hp Chevy powered one (the one your inquiring about) and it was a time travel machine for sure, built much like one would have been done in the late fifties after the SBC was introduced. I believe he told me the quarters from the one I traded him ended up on his Bonneville car.

Frank

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  7. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

Anyway, Paul told me that his black roadster was in worse shape when he started on it. That was hard for me to imagine but after seeing the quality of the chop on my sedan I surely believe it.

Frank[/QUOTE]

Believe it. I end up at Pauls house quite often and he always has something else he is working on everytime. And its always rare...And it always started out as a rusted out upside down car he found in the middle of a drainage ditch out west somewhere. His craftsmenship is amazing!

8. Is this the Paul Beck 32 Roadster?
    I met the gentleman that owned this roadster at Bonneville an number of years ago and he was very helpful when I told him I was building a 32.
    HemiDeuce.

Attached Files:

9. millersgarage

millersgarage

that looks like his car.

I saw the Veda Orr car before it was the Veda car. I remember seeing that the qtrs were made from 7 or 8 pieces welded together.

10. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

it was a lot more than that as i remember it... helluva of a builder and a helluva guy. he's taught me a lot.

could'nt find any pics of his Roadster but here he is helping GMGrunt (Jeff) fix some bent up old fenders for Jeff's 36 Ford coupe... Jeff looks like a hippie. :D

Attached Files:

11. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

thanks thats the one.You can see the early Chevy air cleaner.
    Thanks for the replies guys,its cool to hear stories about a true craftsman.

12. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

I know this isnt the roadster but, Paul also built this car

Attached Files:

13. RAY With

RAY With

The guy has a lot of talent. Working old worn out iron takes patients and a lot of know how.

14. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

yup. it was Blue and Silver when Paul owned it. it's on the cover of the January 2001 Rod & Custom. he built it for $5k! true story. in fact he said he actually had less than that into. he would fix up parts that other people would deem unsaveable. he is amazing!

15. gmgrunt

gmgrunt

I think he built that car from " parts in stock " !! :D

16. guffey

guffey

willysbody.JPG

willysmorea.JPG

DSC03005.JPG I know this is not a 32 ford roadster but it is an example of Paul Becks talent this was a 4 door 33 willys when he started.

17. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Paul is a hell of a nice guy. When I was 18, he took me for a ride in his black roadster out on the salt...made my day. Love that roadster.

18. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

19. xxxl

xxxl

this is it right after it was finnished

Attached Files: