Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Patrick's strikes again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RMONTY, Jun 9, 2018.

1. RMONTY

RMONTY

I checked my online banking balance this morning and there was an unauthorized charge on my credit card account from Patrick's. I bought a camshaft from him somewhere around 2 years ago. It only took me 5 months to get it, despite him telling me BEFORE I gave him my credit card info that I would have it in 7 to 10 days. I don't remember what I paid for the cam, but the charges look to be close to what it was if I remember correctly.

DO NOT....I REPEAT......DO NOT GIVE THIS CROOK YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!!!

I cannot in my wildest imagination believe that this was some sort of technical glitch, that somehow the transaction got duplicated, etc. etc. I called my bank and of course the fraud division isn't open today, but the Customer Service Representative did file a dispute on the charges and said she will turn it over to the fraud department. Do any of you have a possible explanation of how this transaction could have been duplicated? PLEASE! If you do, pass it on here so I can have a little faith in humanity! But alas, I guess it is documented well enough to know that scum is scum and scammers are scammers!

As luck would have it, I am going to be in Phoenix next week on business so I am going to take a drive down to the Casa Grande Police Dept. and file a report with them on an Unauthorized Use of a Credit Card in person, or whatever the charge may be. Hopefully they can prosecute them. I am sure they have had reports filed before but what else can i do?

504640, tuckpoint, jrbunch and 3 others like this.
  2. That's terrible. :mad:

3. 5window

5window

I hope you are able to get some action from the police by visiting in person. This just should not be allowed to go on!

chryslerfan55 and F&J like this.
  4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

If they are indeed doing this purposely, there are certainly others..good warning..

5. Unreal. Sounds like they need to be in jail. Or something.....
    Hope you get it sorted out.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. catdad49

catdad49

Bad News! Thanks for the heads-up.

7. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd keep my blood pressure down and let the credit card company handle it. The fraud occurred at the credit card company and not at the business location so the local police will not be able to help you. Technically, Visa or AMEX is the victim in these cases--not you. Let them handle it and, eventually, they will lose credit card acceptance privileges..

8. RMONTY

RMONTY

If I am understanding what you are saying, you think someone (other than someone at Patrick's) 2 years after the fact randomly chose THAT transaction and vendor to scam on? Do I understand your synopsis correctly?

My blood pressure isn't up. My disdain for criminals is. I will follow the directions from my bank and file the police report as they asked me to do. I will just be in the position to do it in person.

jrbunch, 1927graham and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I met him over 40 yrs ago and he was always a wired/excitable guy. He saw there was a need for inline parts but I never thought this would happen. I've heard a lot excuses written not only here but other places but there is no excuse. It's not always someone else's fault.
    RMONTY I hope you straighten this out...

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.
  10. rc57

rc57

Take your laptop along to the police and introduce them to all these threads on this guy.

racer-x, clem and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Anyone who takes money like this should be in jail for a long time.

Jimbo

racer-x, tuckpoint and chevy57dude like this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have having had credit card fraud pulled on me with both online and my debit card (never hand the girl at the Islander Cafe in Anecortes Wa your card and let her walk off with it) I'd say there is a good chance of it being an employee may have figured out a way to bill card accounts and pocket the money.
    On the other hand from all the complaints I have seen net wide I'd say that Patrick is trying to run with a minimum staff, won't upgrade his system as far as handling orders go and doesn't keep sufficient stock on high volume items. They may be so far behind that who ever does the books thought that the item had never been billed.

warbird1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. RMONTY

RMONTY

Mr. 48 what " I" think that what is going on is they are hitting people's cards that have made transactions in the past to keep a cash flow going. Even though it will have to be paid back, refunded, whatever the case may be, it is cash coming in for immediate needs for payroll, parts orders from suppliers, maybe even food and utilities or even medical care for Patrick and Danyse (I think that's how she spells it). Ive heard he is in poor health. They are hard up for money obviously but it is illegal and inconveniences people to the hilt. I'll get my money back but the hassle of it all is the pisser of it all.

6-bangertim and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  15. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Yes you need to file a police report.......also you should have a new card issued and cut up your old one.

16. The thing with credit cards and scams like this are the perpetrator hopes you will miss the charge, think about it.... in this day and age of paperless statements and everything on credit and debit a $200 charge can go unseen.
    It’s happened to me and my wife that some one in Germany of all places got ahold of our crefit info and was billing there net flix account on one of our cards for 3 months before we caught on $ 14.99 isn’t a big charge and it was on a different account then our actual Netflix account.
    Think about it $200 from you, $50 from some one else etc . Etc. Down the line can add up to thousands a month of free money.
    If Patrick or his wife are really sick and possibly know they will be gone sooner rather then later they are just looking at short term gains. Sucks this stuff happens.
    Used to be a car guy wouldn’t screw another car guy.

17. It's time to leave him a flaming bag of dog shit on his door step.

18. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Can someone explain how the three digit security code or PIN works policy wise on a CC? I thought it was only used when the person using the card isn't physically present at point of sale. There's a little gray area though. They could input the card # and make the sale without it right?

19. Truck64 yes
    Some places ask for it, some don’t.

20. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

What else can you do? If your credit card fraud rep didn't automatically offer to send you a new card with a different # call them back and demand one. That will stop them or anyone else from using old card info to initiate new charges.

21. RMONTY

RMONTY

Luckily my bank is open today and I have already gotten all that taken care of. Patrick will receive a phone call from myself on Monday and then hopefully a visit from a police officer with some pretty bracelets for him to wear, but I know that probably won't happen.

1927graham, czuch and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

The bank or credit union will cancel your card and either send you a new card or you can go in and get a new one immediately. Your money will be frozen in your account until you get the new card. The transaction amount will shown as a debit on your account until the issue is resolved

23. Fordors

Fordors

I think that is exactly what is going on there. Years ago there was a local shop that had cash flow issues, parts would be ordered and the wait time was always way out of line. When you finally got fed up and called him out on it your order arrived in a normal amount of time. Naturally any other guys that placed orders were waiting too so the issue was just passed down the line, and those too timid to say anything waited and waited.
    There was never any outright fraud, just some deception, he was juggling things to keep his head above water. The shop owner was a great guy, just not much of a business man.

24. Fordors

Fordors

OK, sure. Wanna buy a bridge?

prewarcars4me and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. CA. 280

CA. 280

Contact your credit card issuer and tell them you want to be notified of any transaction on your card. You'll get an e-mail whenever it's used.

VANDENPLAS and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Get the cops involved.....burn thier ass.
    Could this be a mistake? Could be, but in the end it makes no difference.
    Oops.......sorry! I just accidentally stole 200 bucks from you because I'm an idiot.

This has progressed......
    It starts with slow delivery.....holding money.
    Then.....new orders paying for old past due orders because the the past due money is gone.....a money shuffle.
    Eventually it leads to out and out fraud money taken .....no item sent...ever.
    Finally the last stage is blatant thievery, forgery, larceny.....all blamed on bookkeeping or system glitches.

Sounds like Jr. needed another hit of meth.

27. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Technically by law it's my understanding a credit card account is not supposed to be charged until the item ships.

Is that not correct?

28. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Cops will do nothing. If you dispute the charges, you will eventually get your money back and it will be the card companies problem.

czuch likes this.
  29. RMONTY

RMONTY

For whatever reason the CSR from the bank advised me to file a police report. And I'm not sure if it's the same situation but my druggy niece got her ass locked up for 6 months for unauthorized use of my mother's credit card. And it was her first offense. The judge made her into a believer that you just don't do that shit!

flatheadpete and klleetrucking like this.
  30. Budget36

Budget36

Check out post #68, seems you got lucky.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...-money-and-dont-ship-the-goods.1052787/page-3