Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Paths Of Hate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wow that is awesome....great read Ryan.

3. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Love animation like that. Kinda looks like my daily commute.
    Happy New Year Ryan. Thanks for another great year. Slim

4. I wish that guy would make a film based on old jalopy racing!

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I would love to see some Hot Rod animation like that because some of the scenes you can almost picture them at Bonneville. Last day of the year Ryan and thanks again for everything.

6. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn't be so dismissive of the two creator's thoughts on hatred and rage that were the reason they crafted this video. Each of us is only a few stupid decisions and a few bad choices away from falling over the precipice to total destruction

The animation is indeed powerful and breathtaking, but the message behind it is just as powerful. All of us would do well to hear what these two artists are trying to say. This is especially true as we are looking through the doorway to a new year.

Later,

Thor

7. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Ryan...

Very interesting, informative, and, TRUE !

A Very Happy New Year To You & Your Family !

Jonnie

8. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

" Each of us is only a few stupid decisions and a few bad choices away from falling over the precipice to total destruction"

That's deep, right there..................AND profound!

Later,

Thor[/QUOTE]

9. Double wow, pretyy impressive animation.

10. I would love to see the whole film. The trailer looks spectacular.

Thanks for another great year Ryan!!!

11. Can't wait for a full feature! Happy new year to everyone on the H.A.M.B. !

12. ghostcoast

ghostcoast
    from Germany

Thanks for sharing, Ryan ! Looks great ! A highly underrated artform...

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful animation. Love your dedication to craftsmanship. Thanks for leading the charge, Ryan. Happy New Year!

14. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I have to agree. The message the movie means to make is a little above simply why it was shown.

15. Gigantor

Gigantor

Very well said, Thor

If the complete film is like that trailer, I am breathless with anticipation, that was beautiful.

16. Larry T

Larry T

Awesome detail in the movie. You really have to stop the film to get it.

I gotta question the fact that hate is the motivation behind the fighting in WWII. I think lots of folks fought for love of country and freedom. Sometimes you just do what you gotta do. More than one point of view.
    Larry T

17. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Wow looks like outstanding work, reminds me a bit of the movie heavymetal!

18. I am a returning student just finishing up school for animation and this blows my mind. I can appreciate the work it takes to make this. I spent a semester on a project and ended up with 2 mins of film. Amazing...

19. I know some students looking for final projects if someone wanted to work on some concept and story ideas.....

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Heavy Metal......Mobius Style. Trick.

21. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

22. I have to admit that I didn't watch the animated short; instead I watched the sign painter video, and got the gist from that. To me, that video sums up how I feel about this place: Folks who were there get the chance to pass on their knowledge and folk like me get to soak it up like a sponge and put the lessons learned to use.

For a long time now, I've been talking to folk around my office about the need to create tangible things, things that you can touch and feel. At least one of my co-workers took up the challenge and has started a cake decorating business. (He's even on TV, if you watch that: "The Next Great Baker" on Food Network.)

I guess I've talked the talk, but only dabbled in the walk til recently. That's going to change in the coming year here.

Ryan, thanks for providing the "scaffolding" for the old sign painters to show us their trade.

23. I have heard from many elders that" hate is an acid that will eventually consume the container.".

thanks for reminding me why we do things and for whom... and the results of our actions and thoughts have consequences

more gospel without the lightning strike ..

BE... HAPPY NEXT YEAR

24. I missed the two sign blogs. Wow. Great stuff. True craftmanship takes years and years of learning and complete dedication. I admire the true craftsman.

25. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Thor , Ditto on those remarks....

26. Very cool. I can't wait for the full length version to come out. As said, a hotrod dry lakes version would be amazing.

Happy New Year to all!!

27. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I really loved the animated short, cool graphics, killer music, totally badass. The only sorta kinda problem is this for me. Most non jet fighter planes had about 50 seconds worth of ammo at full pull, Then again, some had cannons. Forgiving their shoot it out as if ammo was at an hours worth, I'd like to own a copy of this. Thanks for making this available Ryan.

28. rick finch

rick finch

Excellent......good way to end the year.:cool:

29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

That movie looks sweet.

30. Turbo442

Turbo442

That was awesome! Happy New Year too!