Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pate texas swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LXTURBO2000, Apr 6, 2009.

1. tromper

tromper

Getting packed already?
    Hope they still have a few decent spots left for me today!

They are closing many Ft. Worth schools today due to the Flu.
    Wonder how many people will be walking around Pate with surgical masks on this weekend?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. mow too much

mow too much

Whats the forecast for Friday?

3. Big Dad

Big Dad

got hit hard with rain last night here ..sounds pretty decent now thru late Saturday pm

4. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

You have every single thing I need! How funny is that?

5. Larry T

Larry T

Got any Mustang tanks?? (G)

6. mow too much

mow too much

Thanks Big Dad, we'll be down in the mourning.

7. Big Dad

Big Dad

8. v8creator

v8creator

Anyone there today, How was it.

9. billylo

billylo

It was awesome!!!! Cloudy and Breezy. I walked from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00p.m. and I bought alot of 32-34 Ford parts, at bargain prices. I left a few parts for the Saturday crowd. :) Get there early and stay late. Don't be afraid to be a Jew either.

10. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

What did you buy Billy? Enquiring minds want to know.

11. Uptown83

Uptown83

32-34 parts! there wasn't much. Was there today, big turn out, not much good stuff IMO.

12. rallisracing

rallisracing

It was really decent weather, not overly crowded, and it appeared people were buying..still TOO much JUNK that has nothing to do with any kind of transportation.

13. awesome, breezy, not too hot and overcast. It was good. Be back again in the morning.

14. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Rain is suppossed to hold off till Sat evening.

15. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Shit! Thought we were going to make it, but had to back out at the last minute. First time since like about 91 or 92! Our buddies from Fort Worth and San Anto are there, so hopefully they'll have some fun without us!

16. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Actually, there was quite a bit of '32-34 Ford stuff....it just sells really fast. I bought a bunch of good '32 parts, but I've been at the swap meet since Wednesday morning.

You know, the early bird gets the worm and all that.

I think this is probably one of the best Pate swap meets I've been to in quite some time....and I've been going since I learned to walk.

I'm leaving in a few minutes to go back out there....going to try to sell some stuff I don't need. Some of it is even '32 parts! Need a decent pair of original front fenders or some '32 spindles and hubs?

17. Rusty

Rusty

The best one yet.

There were 32 fenders eveywhere

lots of 32 gas tanks. Seen some 32 Tudor doors, decklids, etc

32 spare tire holders, 32 truck cab, seen a 32 truck grill shell.

Seen quite a few 32 chassis for sale, 32 axles, a couple sets of spindles, on Rear sedan fender

Seen some 32 headlights, some hinges, door handles, a 32 dash

I even seen a cool old 32 Coupe seat

there was 32-34 stuff everywhere

I got all my 32 patches from Tom Bay

The best one yet in my humble opinion

Rusty

18. Anderson

Anderson

The one year I decide not to go....damnit. Sick and broke anyway.

19. Just got back early this morning. I bought more 32 ford parts this year than the past 2 years put together. One of the better pate swap meets.

20. Uptown83

Uptown83

I guess you guys are right. there was some 32 stuff. None of the stuff i needed though :) bought a header panel for my 32 from tom bay and a $25 40 deluxe steering wheel from some other guy. I searched for 40 ford wheels and never found one! Maybe I missed them but wow I thought they would be easy to find.

21. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

It rained....A lot. I got drenched so badly while loading the truck that I had to drive home with my pants off. ;)

I found a lot of good stuff...some of it I actually needed:

-Early low profile Weiand blower manifold for Chrysler Hemi.
    -A good set of original front and rear fenders and frame horn covers for my '32 roadster.
    -Chrome original '32 front fender braces.
    -A large lot of original '32-36 Ford steering boxes and parts.
    -A nice '32 5W Coupe/Sedan cowl with the windshield header.
    -A good '33-34 windshield frame.
    -NOS 16" '46-48 Ford trim rings in the box.
    -Weiand 4x2 fuel block
    -Stock '32 front spring.
    -Old dropped, filled and drilled 33-34 axle
    -Nice '32 split wishbones
    -Complete Hurst 4spd Super Shifter
    -F1 shock mounts
    -'39 pedal assembly
    -Good '40 rear drums.
    -Guide headlights
    -Two F-1 steering boxes
    -Arvin heater
    -Set of four '40 Ford wheels.

There were a few more things, but that's most of the good stuff. I'm a cheap bastard, so that should tell you I didn't pay a whole lot of money for anything on that list....well, except maybe for the '32 fenders.

I saw more Hemi stuff at this swap meet than I've seen in a long time, and some it was pretty affordable. One of my friends bought two pretty complete 331 Chryslers. There was one vendor that had a whole trailer full of 354 and 392 heads...and I saw a decent 354 bare block with main caps sell for $375.

And E.C. scored a Lenco with an overdrive 2nd gear for our Bonneville car...I'm excited about that!

All of you guys that say Pate sucks now must not be trying very hard. Swap meets are an interactive experience...you have to get out there and work for the good deals.

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Holy shit. That's more cool shit then I have all together.

23. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

got what i went after. A new window for the Pontiac. If the poor guys out there just got the wind and rain we just did I feal for them

24. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Also, some stuff I saw, but didn't buy for whatever reason:

-A pair of '37 LaSalle transmissions...both in decent shape for $500/pr (I should have bought these, I know.)
    -A NICE original '32 shell and insert for $550...another guy beat me to this one.
    -A disassembled '29 roadster without doors or subrails for $1200
    -A solid '41 Ford coupe with Y-block for $1000 OBO (I was very tempted!)
    -An Edmunds Chrysler Hemi 2x2bbl intake for $400.
    -A pair of 16" magnesium American Torq thrusts with pie crust slicks for $1000

There was a lot of other neat stuff I probably didn't even see.

25. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

I saw that "say-why-and" hemi blower intake, same guy that had the bare 354 block right?

Saw a million FE tripower set-ups.. Kept thinking how can they all be this expensive when there are 6 of them at this one swap..

didn't see the '37 lasalle trans, but saw a 39-40 lasalle trans for $125 I think. Not sure if that one is desirable at all.

It did get wet though. We brought a bunch of junk and it started selling then it poured.

Thanks for the wheels. did you end up selling that radiator? The steel straps that run on the sides of ours are completely rusted through.

26. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

That must have been a different one...mine is earlier than that. And I also bought mine before the guy even got it out of the back of his truck....right place, right time I guess.

Didn't see that one. The two '37 transmissions were the rare/desirable "top shift" type with the shifter built into the top if the case.

Glad I could help. I did sell the radiator today for $60....I told you I would make you a deal on it!

27. Now its hailing big marbles, i got one on the noggin moving the van.

Owww!

Hope everyone is in at TMS, since I'm just a mile or so from there.

28. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

haha no problem. I didn't know how bad ours was till today and we spent all morning try to get there and unload. I didn't get to look at a single thing today.

29. billylo

billylo

Brian I couldn't believe the deals I found either. I left the chrome fender braces for you, not running fenders. The same guy sold me a barely used Walker radiator for a 32 with AC condensor :( for $200. I didn't even need it but you never know.

I found one guy that had nothing, but 33-34 parts and I bought almost everything he had left for $350. The list included a ready to paint original hood(perfect):0, an extremely nice Gas tank cover, NOS coupe seat spring, new cowl lacing, new body lacing, new grill lacing, arm rest, radiator support rods, cowl lights, brake lights, 2 nice original gas tanks, and a lot of misc. interior pieces.

I bought a nearly perfect set of rear fenders for my dad's coupe for $300.

The deal of the day! Friday that is.
    I found a seat pan for a 32 ford, when I asked the guy how much he said you can have it!!!;0