Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pate Swap Meet 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Checking in - this will be our 40th year setting up. Here's an early picture of my spot - yes one spot - I had from 1977 until I think about 1982 or so. It was on the fence line on the far south side next to the museum grounds and the showers. You can see old blue in the corner of the picture - the guy that set up across from me back then is down the row from me now - he always brings his 56 Ford BIG window truck out.

I'll be down from the Howell sheet metal guys on the corner row 4 and 5 block 44....space 652-656 ......not bringing much but OT stuff....time to clear out....

Enjoy the Stude and the mud from back in the day ! 002.jpg

2. RDE

RDE

Leaving here Wed morning. We'll be between 10th and 11th between no name street and Waltrip Way.

3. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Not vending, but I'll be making the rounds Friday and Saturday. So excited!

4. dartracer

dartracer

leaving Thursday morning. bringing a Plymouth coupe project on other OT parts.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

we will need pics

6. Quick drive by today.....lots all ready set up and buying/selling - usually prices not out on Wednesday.....scary weather maybe coming....heard it was bad in Penn state too....just some random pics....I was still on the clock....

Attached Files:

Kan Kustom and elgringo71 like this.
  7. saw an old friend in his 56 cruising threw.....will get a better pic of that big window later.....nice Merc....it's a runner so will get a price on it in the car corral.......this Avion/Peterbuilt camper is always there.....didn't see a price yet on the early bed trailer....or the little drop tank

Attached Files:

Kan Kustom and LTM75110 like this.
  8. Wooster

Wooster
    from Soso, MS

We got here yesterday. Walked about a third of it today. Bought a few things for my project. Walk and look more tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

stillrunners likes this.
  9. sell day today....so I stuck close....some close by pics before the phone died......1940 Dodge running 2x2 set up with Fenton exhaust.....the nice guys from Finland stopped by....

Attached Files:

Kan Kustom likes this.
  10. Roothawg

Roothawg

I haven't been in a long time. Bring your walking shoes.

11. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

Went yesterday and walked 5 miles and at best covered 1/2 the meet. I thought there were a lot more "vintage" parts this year than in the last several years and was able to buy quite a few parts- most pricing seemed reasonable. Golf carts aren't allowed anymore (and it makes walking a lot easier!) so if you need a ride scooters are available for $70/day! Weather should still be good today.

stillrunners likes this.
  12. Roothawg

Roothawg

The last time I was at the mininats, I was getting pretty aggravated at 40 year olds renting scooters and caravaning them around. They would get 3-4 of them and every time we turned around they were in the way.

13. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

Weren't too many out yesterday and these are the small one seat carts but if you have any health problems I don't know how you'd make it around without one. Fortunately I can still walk!

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

My FIL has one. He needs one, but these folks had no issues, other than laziness.

15. Wooster

Wooster
    from Soso, MS

Looks to me like a lot of empty spaces this year but still a bunch to dig through.

16. ROBRAM

ROBRAM

Exactly ! I was there yesterday trying to keep from getting run over by a group of young kids riding them just because they were too lazy to walk ! There were probably a lot of people that really needed them, but there weren't enough to go around because of that.

17. yep...lots of crazies in motored vehicles as well.....from what I got from the security guys....a big ban of the riding around is coming......put it's big....can't see half of it in two days........

Attached Files:

Kan Kustom likes this.
  18. tried to find some with phone #'s......wasn't moving about to much....lots of stuff with out a price tags.....which I hate to see......

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and Kan Kustom like this.
  19. greybeard360

greybeard360

I remember Pate and mud.

Lots and lots of mud.

Everywhere.

And more mud.

I miss it

Sent from my Moto G Play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

stillrunners and belair like this.
  20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

21. sold an o/t truck so did get a chance to pick some stuff up and travel around some....lots of people leaving early because of the weather....

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. Elrod

Elrod

Had a great 2017 Pate weekend. Managed to find some cool stuff, and I saw and heard about a lot of other people finding some awesome parts. This is really a great swap. HUGE. Here's a pic of my haul.

[​IMG]

23. RDE

RDE

This was my first year........I took a set of front Hyd. brakes from a '46 Merc (complete) and a set of SBC block hugger headers and sold them in about 20 minutes which gave me the next three days to walk around. I think I saw most of it but new vendors arrived through Saturday and many left on Sunday, expecting rain. I had a great time and bought stuff for my tool box and for my '30 Ford Tudor and SBC project. Next year I will attend with more stuff to sell and a list. Think I walked 15 - 20 miles in three days. Some bargains and some prices in the stratosphere. For the most part very nice vendors.

24. dartracer

dartracer

That was the first time for me. Sold most of what I brought down. Only got to walk four row before I had to get back to my stuff. They do need to cut down on the scooters. Saw a lot of trucks parking in spots so they have a place to put the things they buy. they could cut down on needing scooters if the had people not selling parts move to the outer edge of the swap spaces.

25. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I was out of town Thursday and Friday, and had prior commitments on Saturday. So Sunday was my day. I grabbed my dad for breakfast and headed to the speedway. We knew it was going to suck when they didn't even bother putting someone in the tent to take the parking fee. :rolleyes: I guess the threat of rain scared everyone off.

I checked out the 5-6 vendors that were still there, bought some painting materials, and left since there was nothing else to see. It was nice not having to wait for a porta-potty. :eek:

26. Threats of rain, wind, hail, and tornados for Saturday ran everyone off on Friday night. Half the spaces were empty on Saturday.............all we got was about 20 minutes of sprinkles and some wind. Bad weather went to the east.

stillrunners likes this.
  27. manyolcars

manyolcars

I talked to this guy. A millionaire from Louisiana, he got this weird rig to go to Hershey.
    The threat of possible rain Saturday made about 1/2 of the vendors leave Friday. It was a long walk from vendor to vendor Saturday thru the empty spaces. We drove east from Pate Saturday. It was raining real bad in Canton. We found out that the tornado came thru right after us. I've been going since 1981. Got these lights Saturday
    60-61chrytaillites.jpg

kidcampbell71 and stillrunners like this.
  28. Wooster

Wooster
    from Soso, MS

Elrod I think I looked at those carbs. Weren't they the 81's?

Elrod likes this.
  29. Saw Elrods black plate on a back of a.....sadly didn't take a picture....

30. some more pics....

Attached Files: