Register now to get rid of these ads!

Patch panel work and paint question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Olustee Bus, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Olustee Bus

Olustee Bus

I have a 74 f100 that has some rust coming thru on the common places, front of door, rear of fender and cab, just behind door. I know how much panels will cost me. Approx what would I pay someone to cut out the old panels, weld in the new.

Also, I am thinking of painting it myself or having a friend spray it for me. The truck sits outside all the time here in Florida. I want a paint that will last.

I am thinking of using single stage urethane. Would that be a good choice. What about acrylic enamel.

I like the idea of being able to fairly easily wet sand out some problems like runs and orange peel.

What do you experts think.

Thanks

Bus

2. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

YOu would pay me way more than you think it's worth. Buy a welder. Learn to use it. Save $$$ in the long run. Use your new skill to make $$$ to upgrade your '74.

74's aren't really that good looking although I understand the "that's all I have" thing too.