Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pat Garlits passes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gizzy, Feb 2, 2014.

1. My wife and I met Don in Daytona in 2011. What a nice guy! Our prayers go out to Don and the family.

2. thehazguy

thehazguy

Prayers sent. The news you never want to hear. Hang tough Don.

3. So sorry to here, are thoughts and prayers go out to Don and family.

4. Known Don and Pat since the fifties, at the Golden Triangle drag strip, where I saw them every weekend as I was the flagger. A fine lady, that always showed grace. May God rest her soul and my sincere condolences to Don. Not long ago I walked through the museum alone and thought of her.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

First met Don in the pits at the Nationals. He and his wife had a tiny daughter with them. Years later on one of the many trips to Florida to see my inlaws we stopped at the Museum and there she was...........all grown up and helping mom. She didn't remember the Nationals but Pat did. Pat was a wonderful, gracious lady and I'm certain she is with God in the mansion he has prepared for her. My condolences to Don and family. May she Rest in Peace.

Frank

6. fleet-master

fleet-master

Pat Garlits must have been a very special kind of person. When watching their video story/testimony Close Calls,I was deeply touched by the way Don honoured her and acknowledged her support and influence on him over the years...as well as their strong faith in God.
    I'm certain Don, their daughters and extended family will be missing her a great deal.
    Condolences from Down Under to you Don and family. May she be at rest.

7. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Very sorry to hear about Pat. She was a very nice person met her 1st back in 1996 R.I.P Pat

8. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

My condolences to Don and the Garlits family. Thank the Lord for her sacrifices for the racing community. Fond memories!

9. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Not a better racing family in all of motor sports! R.I.P. Mrs. Garlits my condolences to the family and friends and the whole racing community!

10. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Prayers out to Don Garlits and family. RIP to his lovely wife.