Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pat Ganahl's 1932 Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Damn, in it's Firestone whitewall guise it just slays me! Absolutley killer build, everything about it is perfect.

2. ALCAN AV8

ALCAN AV8

Wow, well worth the wait.

3. Totally Correct!

4. NoSurf

NoSurf

Bellissimo!!!

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Truly beautiful car, but the part I like best is the journey to get there. It really starts with a few warm up cars, a fortunate discovery, years of refinement and then, after years of experience, the wisdom to accept a car that has intrinsic value in it's own idiosyncrasies. It inspires me, maybe I'll find that place with a few more warm ups. :)

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks It's cars like this that remind me why I get so anal about the details and why they really matter!

7. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Wow. Just wow.

Some buildup pics are hidden away in mag articles and books Pat's written over the last few years, so get to looking.

BTW Pat, thanks for teaching me and a bunch of other people how to paint.

8. I got to see a few preview pics a couple of weeks ago when Pat stopped by the shop. I can't wait to see the car in person. Pat's attention to period correct detail is amazing. This roadster looks like it came right out of the pages of a "little book". Awesome job Pat.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

beautiful... I like the mags better than the whitewalls

10. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

The attention paid to getting THOSE hubcaps is what nails it for me... thanks for the feature Pat and Ryan!

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very, very nice car, Pat!

Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. I hope to see it in person someday...

Malcolm

12. Rand Man

Rand Man

I remember reading Pat's work when I should have been doing my homework, back in '76. As I remember, he was a Chevy man, and had a '32 Chevy Coupe, with a 250 six. Nice work on the Ford.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Beautiful car!!! I seen some of those progress pics in TRJ a while ago and I was hooked.

This my friends is a picture perfect Cad V8 wedged between the frame rails of a beautiful car.

14. 1929rats

1929rats

probally the best 32 roadster Ive seen on the hamb. Love the deep purple paint.
    Its everything I've been dreaming of since Ive been about 7 or 8 years old....exceptional....period.

15. sodas38

sodas38

Good Golly absolutely gorgeous!

16. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Yeah, I already apologized to to Pat for jumping the gun on his roadster pix, but it was so damn perfect that I couldn't help myself. I knew the folks here on the HAMB would be totally impressed and would be more than happy to see more detailed and informed pix later. You have to see this one to appreciate it. I really believe this is one that will become a historic piece, it's beautiful. Easily in the fab 75 '32's and if not at the top very near, only thing it's missing is history which it will get in time!

17. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Hey Ganahl...I was just watching a 23 year old interview of you talking mild customs at Springfireld Ohio ! Now that you got this out your system, maybe ya can build that 55 Ford with 56 Merc wagon lights that ya were describing for under $10000 because as you said in the vid,"its just crazy to sink $10000 into a car!"

18. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Its probably the most beautiful 32 Ford I ever saw. I saw it at the picnic & it definately dropped my jaw in person. Pics don't do the car justice. Great job Pat!

My favorite quote from the article.......

19. hotrd32 ... I stumbled upon your Pat Ganahl's New Roadster thread last week ... and was very excited to see pics of Pat's roadster "finished" & on the road ... and pleasantly surprised to see that Pat was a HAMBer.

pgan ... Welcome to the H.A.M.B. !!! ... your roadster is just plain Bitchin' !!! ... and I love both tire & wheel combinations ... hope to see the roadster (in person) soon ... will you be making the drive to B'ville and/or P-town in August?

Todd

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  20. McFly

McFly

21. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I've can't believe I've been waiting in suspence for 13 years since it was first shown in Rod & Custom along with the article where Pete Eastwood straightened the frame. It was well worth the wait, such beautiful & period correct roadster.

22. Fogger

Fogger

Pat wrote an article in TRJ, while working on his roadster, when the Brookville '32 was announced. As I recall he said something to the effect that it would certainly be easier to buy a Brookville than battle all the issues restoring an original body. Well, although it's not easy the finished product has a hot rod soul and history. Very well done and I look forward to seeing it in person. Congrats Pat. The FOGGER

23. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Outstanding!!!!..... either wheel choice

24. I've probably looked at thousands of Deuce Roadsters over the years, and they still make my heart flutter....

This one is perfect. My heart skipped two beats.. Thanks for sharing!

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Bottom of the 5th?! What does football have to do with this?!
    hehehe, oh, the American angle......

I'm stoked that Pat Ganahl put mags on the car, they look great, can't wait 'til Coker decides to pop out some double diamonds!!

26. God, I love that roadster. It's just so... what's the word? Dignified. It would look as perfectly at-home in front of a roadhouse beer joint as a tudor mansion.

That kind of classy, simple hot rod elegance is extremely hard to achieve; Nitti, Spencer, Khougaz, McGee. The Ken Gross roadster, Mike Bishop's A V8. The Tardel stable. Chris Casny's coupe. Pat's roadster belongs in the pantheon of hot rod perfection.

27. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

I agree with Tinman--hearing about those baldies is just one example of what made this story great, and why we all read Jalopy Journal.

Congratulations, Pat, and thanks for the story Pat and Ryan.

Hearing about how long this one took (I remember vividly the first time I read Pat's feature on the Cad motor in The Rodder's Journal) really gives the rest of us the encouragement we need to keep slogging away on our own cars.

28. Bitchin car Pat,building history takes time and your 32 is making history as we speak this is why I love being a hot rodder.

29. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

What a Gorgeous Car!!! Pat, it was well worth the wait!

30. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Great story guys ! Pat "The Encyclopedia" is a great friend and i had the pleasure of riding shotgun in this roadster a few years back during the P.R.C.R.R.

Driving on the Angeles Crest Highway and over the Angeles National Forest was a blast in this car. I know Pat switches his wheel & tire combo around like some do, but i favor the solids and 16" white walls the best !

You guys would be very surprised how he drives this Hot Rod - he's not afraid to put his foot in it. Its great to see it finally completed .

Axle