Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Pat Ganahl R.I.P.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky, Aug 19, 2022.

1. 51 mercules

51 mercules

RIP Pat! Glad I got a chance to meet you when you shot my merc for Lost Hot Rods!

Attached Files:

• lh.jpg
      lh.jpg
      File size:
      163.8 KB
      Views:
    • lh1.jpg
      lh1.jpg
      File size:
      79.4 KB
      Views:
  2. shock

John Starr and Stogy like this.
  3. I have never met Pat, but I feel a kinship and brotherhood with a man that stood tall not only in stature but in the world of Hot Rods, He has worked in the world of Hot Rod magazines most of his life and leave some large shoes to fill.

Today we have lost a brother with a encyclopedic mind that has been at the helm of many publications, contributed to almost every automotive magazine and has published more books than anyone else in the industry.

There is probably not a single person here on the hamb that has not read or been inspired by Pat's in-depth knowledge.

My condolences to Anna & Bill and his network of friends and thousands of fans like myself. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  4. sad news today, I really wanted see the dragster and hopefully get to meet Pat.. Loved his books... RIP Pat.. thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.. God Speed !

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    John Starr, 41 GMC K-18 and Stogy like this.
  5. catdad49

catdad49

Man….Oh, Man! Prayers for His Family, Friends and Rodders World Wide. A Huge whole in Our Community. Farewell, Pat Ganahl.

6. hudson48

hudson48

Very sad to hear. I always enjoyed his Blogs that I received regularly and the stoires with so much history of hot rodding and custom cars. Condolences to family and friends.

Lil32, Part Timer, catdad49 and 4 others like this.
  7. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

A legend in his own time. My condolences to Anna, Bill and family.

8. jll34

jll34
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from USA

My oh my what awful bad news. Just a super guy and a wonderful hot rod historian and writer. Sincere condolences to his family and many friends.

John Starr, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  9. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I didn't know the man, but I knew his work. You can tell a man's integrity and character by how he is remembered and obviously, by the many comments, he was a man of great stature.

10. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Devastated. Thank you Pat, for taking us along for all these decades of Hot Rodding. A true inspiration. Marty, Bill ,Anna, and family,I hope you're doing Ok.

11. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can’t believe this… we’ve been friends for over 40 years both Inliners at heart. I even bought a crew cab from his father. Pat and I talked often went he was searching for an obsolete GMC or Chevrolet 6 racing engine parts. I couldn’t believe when he wanted to do an article on our 40 Chevrolet for Street Rodder because of it prior heritage and what we were doing with it in LSR. I was flabbergasted to see 3 pages in March 1981.
    REST For Now Pat as we will meet again…. J D

12. 40Vert

40Vert

That is horrible. I only met him once, but his writing profoundly inlfuenced my love of hot rodding. We will not see his like again. RIP Pat.

13. Rodsports

Rodsports

Terribly sad news.

14. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

So sorry to hear this. I looked forward to his weekly blogs. This sure leaves a huge hole in the hot rod world. R.I.P Pat our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

John Starr, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very sobering reminder that our hobby is a dangerous one and it really can happen to anyone. RIP.

16. SS327

SS327

Sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to his family and friends. He made the hobby so much better and had such a positive effect on so many people through his writing.

17. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Terrible news.

19. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

R.I.P you kept the Flame alive!!

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Edited at 20:17 pacific.
    David Freiburger confirmed that he did crash in the dragster on FB. He didn't have any info on the how, why or what not though.

As Crazy Steve said, Riverdale is not a place you want to be if you need serous medical help or need to get to serous medical help. You are pretty well 30 minutes from I 5 and then you have to Go to Longview which is the closest city. Here is a map that shows how far out off the path it is. Screenshot (353).png

21. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Very sad to hear and our prayers

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh no...
    Well fuuuuuck... :(

23. firemangordy

firemangordy

When my daughter and I were building her '55 she decided to do it early 60's style. After it was done we entered it in the 2019 GNRS. On Saturday at the show we saw Pat at his booth and told him we had finished the car and it was in the show. Sunday morning before the doors opened to the public Pat came over to look at her car. He stood there for a moment and then got a big grin on his face and told my daughter that she had "absolutely nailed the look." Thanks Pat for giving my daughter a memory she'll never forget. Godspeed and prayers for Anna and Bill.

24. Sad news…condolences to the family…Rest in Paradise Pat….

427 sleeper, John Starr and Stogy like this.
  25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

26. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

2E6CC60D-54E3-495B-B46F-13D9AB559024.jpeg 81C50EF4-BEF1-4808-9D3E-C86CD8A781D3.jpeg 8CB606C8-965C-407F-8E34-C565C157FFBD.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    Lil32, hotrd32, stillrunners and 14 others like this.
  27. I have really strong feelings on this right now Maybe I'm just angry we lost such a treasure and hero. I wrote a long rant on how terrible this is...but deleted it. This is no time to soapbox.

This just sucks. Plain and simple.

God speed Mr. Ganahl. My thoughts are with your loved ones, and may you rest in peace.

28. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Good Lord, this is awful news. My sincere condolences to Anna, Bill and his many friends.
    Over the many decades, Pat has always been my favorite writer. I always wanted to meet him, but never was fortunate enough to cross paths with him at a Socal show. Nonetheless, anytime I read one of his articles, it was as if I was reading a letter from a friend. His style was so captivating. Following his 34 Sedan build on the HAMB, was like walking into a friends garage and have them get you caught with a walk through of what was going on. Easy going and down to earth, just like he seemed to be. In a word; affable.
    His latest R&C blog has been in my in-box all week. Going to go read it now. Bittersweet, knowing it's his final writing ("letter from a friend"). Though his mountain of work will live on forever. We have a lot to be thankful for.
    God speed Pat...

29. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh my god… terrible news! What a loss!