Register now to get rid of these ads!

passion pit

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by primedcaddy, Feb 7, 2010.

1. primedcaddy

primedcaddy

I own a custom 51 merc that was owned and showed in newyork area, the car was a cover car and featured in atleast a couple of mags in the early 60's when the car was called the passion pit or the mirrored merc. The reason I am posting this is because I am trying to find any history I can on this car wether any one has any pictures, magazines, or even just a story to tell I mean anything.

2. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from Ga

3. VonWegener

VonWegener

I am sure you will find something. Welcome from Apple Valley, Calif.
    VonWegener

4. Welcome from Iowa! I'm sure somebody around here knows something about that car, good luck with your search.

5. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome From Sidney, Illinois!

6. rockguy92

rockguy92

Welcome from O-HI-O
    The Rock

7. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

8. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Welcome from Nebraska. I am originally from Boston, but knew a lot of the New York customizers back in the day. How about poting some photos of the Merc? That mauy help with history.

9. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Welcome to Hamb from Sweden

10. primedcaddy

primedcaddy

The car was owned by a gentleman named Andrew Abbate of Brooklyn NY. and built by Strand auto's shop on 60th street in Manhatten. The car is featured on the cover of the November 1961 Custom Craft mag. and I also know the car took first place in two shows in Westhampton and a first place in a Brooklyn show if you have any other info at all for me i would be greatly thankful.