Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ###Pasadena Reliability Run 2010,pic's###

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 1, 2010.

1. The videos are great! Too bad there isn't more coverage like that. I would have loved to park somewhere along the route and just video the cars going by....Maybe coming out of one of the tunnels!!!!

2. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Wow... What a run! The videos are totally sweet and I really dig the last one with the Banger powered truck!!

What a perfect day for a bitchin drive....

3. dw123

dw123

Bob, great pix again, thanks for sharing, might have to post this link over here to share with the folks...!

4. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

awesome coverage! thanks Bob!

5. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

and the movies! I guess there is something to be said for Socal?

5/2/10 - snow this morning - I'm not a roadster guy.

So GREAT to see folks driving these prized pieces, instead of just garage art.

Great thread, thanks to all!

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Thanks Bob. When you live in flyover country, events like this are only a dream and your pics help us live the dream.

7. Bodger45

Bodger45

Excellent!!! Thanks

8. fonti

fonti

wow - thank you!!! you made my day!

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Bob, I saw you leaving as Bruce was pulling up... Figured you would be back!

10. cruzr

cruzr

Ryan...........you are truly elusive, looked for ya ,sorry i didnt get a chance to meet you.

Hers a few pics on the road, i dont know how to make em big sorry............

Attached Files:

11. ~E~

~E~

What a lineup! Some of my personal favorites, historically important cars and even a few bangers thrown in- thanks for the photos!

As far as Hot Rods go- when anyone doesn't quite get the H.A.M.B. or what traditional is/means- POINT THEM TO THIS THREAD.

12. Chris Casny was buying a Shoebox and wanted me to come look at it. I would have gone back but didn't realize the run came back to the starting point. I just wanted to sat hi to you guys.
    That's classic...."What does that mean? The rest of you car's a piece of crap,but I like your engine!" LMAO!!!!!!! Singing the Debbie Gobson song was great too,HAHAHA!!!

13. billys54

billys54

Thanks for the pics.

14. blackout

blackout

Thanks for covering this event Bob. Another great job. Thanks to all for posting, also.

15. Gaters

Gaters

It was! The roads along the whole route was in A+ condition. Our tax dollars hard at work in California. I was surprised by how well the roads were maintained WAAAAAAY back up in those mountains.

16. cruzr

cruzr

yea to bad they cant fix the dam freeways

17. Gaters

Gaters

I have pictures that I'll post to this thread too. I was too busy after the event to get em posted in good time, but come back later for more. Bob you did a fantastic job with your photos. Some of mine will be duplicates but I'll have some from the passenger seat of Hellmet's (Billy) roadster.

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the pictures and ride along. It must be an invitation only deal? I didn't see any Easter egg wanna bes. I think my bucket list just got longer. Thanks.

19. Again, awesome job.

This thread is going to help make the event even more popular... but your keen eye will help keep it pure, I'm sure.

Tim showed up with your brother's old Phaeton... I bet it was neat to see it at your event.

Sam

20. NealinCA

NealinCA

...and it was an award winner. ;)

We had a great time. I will try to get my pics uploaded tonight.

Neal

21. TERPU

TERPU

What a truly incredible event. I was in awe when I pulled in and saw the caliber of cars lined up. Truly a humbling and awe experience to be where somany great cars and people are. I was elated to be accepted in the mix, had the best day yet of driving the funnest car I've owned yet, and have huge respect and admiration for the Pasadena Roadster club. Man it was amazing and I'm still on overload this morning.

Tim

I'm no Bob but here's some pic's I took.

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/TERPU29/Pasadena Run/

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  22. HELLMET

HELLMET

the beginning start was sucky for me my car started running like crap just before the hill we pulled in to the gas station and checked it out. ryan and jay and bobby, lucky checked it out and we figured it to be the points bobby said it mighy clear up so i kept on trucking and made through the tunnels and it finaly gave out. we ended up taking the distrubatior out and rebuilding it out on the hill and got on our way. thanks guys for all the help and the people that stoped to see if i was ok. billy

23. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

Thanks for posting the photos and videos guys! What a great event! I too would love to ride along sometime. I overslept so I didn't bring the sedan out, and made it there just before the drivers meeting. What a amazing collection of traditional roadsters!

I sat on the curb and videoed every car leaving the start. Once I get it put together I'll post it here.

24. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

I was lucky enough to be asked along as a navigator and have to say that was one of the coolest deals I have been on in years. The selection of cars,the weather,the route and the people were beyond comparison. The PRC is a class act !!! People came out from Northern Cal, Arizona, Nevada, even Texas for the run.

25. R COLE

R COLE
    from OC

bob, great seeing you again, "did i imiss any one?"i guess don and i don't count. ha ha even though i was only co pilot, i want to thank the PRC for putting on one of the best run and fun events i have ever been to.met too many people to list. ryan , saw you but you were working on the texas car, what a sad story, bring a car from texas, then have problems keeping you from starting the run.great photos as usual. bob you should have stood near the starting line and just asked for a ride in every empty seat, someone would have given you a ride, it would have been worth it. ron

26. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

That was our president Chris Wickersham that made that comment. He singled out the engine because his next project roadster is going to be powered by en early 331 Caddy too, just like Jay's car is.

There are some awesome pictures and videos in here, thanks to all who took them and posted them for us to see. A lot of us are so busy working we never got a chance to walk the cars.

Thanks to all of our participants for comming out with they're increadible selection of open cars and making this the best Reliability Run since the PRC brought it back in '04. Our silent goal has always been to get 100 cars together on the "day of". This year we had 104 registered and as near as I can tell 98 there. That's come along way since the 67 cars that ran on the first one. You guys are one hell of a great group and the endless positive comments and hand shakes we recieved from you put us on top of the world!

Thanks to Chris "Gators" Eichert for volunteering to come out and be our official photographer. Everywhere I looked you were taking a picture, we can't wait to get that disc in the mail!

And an extra special thanks to PRC members and volunteers. Everyone one helps out in some way to put this thing together. Some big, some small but there's no un-important job as they're all the means to a successful event and I can't imagine how it could have went smoother. So for any of you that see this, thank you so much!

-Dennis-
    Chairman - PRC Reliability Run #11

27. HAHA! Sorry Ron. I went back and edited the list. Maybe I should have made a sign "Ride-less HAMB Member"....

28. It was my first time,Dennis,and I will come back and take pic's again for sure! I was so busy,I forgot to buy me a shirt! You put together one great event. Thanks so much.....

29. R COLE

R COLE
    from OC

did not think of a sign, will have to remember that if don ever get tired of me giving him a constant ration of shit, and tosses me out of the roadster. ron

30. cruzr

cruzr

Looking forward to seeing that