Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parts in Kalispel, Montana???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gumpa, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Gumpa

Gumpa

:confused: The wife and I are going to Kalispel in a week or so to see the grandkids. Are there any wrecking yards I can browze while we are there? I have never been there before. Oh yeah I might be convinced to do a HAMB relay from Western Washington to Western Montana or in between. We will take the Dakota to go over. Gumpa

2. mtflat

mtflat

Not much that I've seen. One guy that has some stuff is keeping it for himself.........not that he'll ever use it all.......go figure.

There is one on Hwy 82 on the north end of Somers (south of Kalispell) that will usually let you wander around the yard if you ask nice. They used to have some stuff at the back of the yard.

Also R&J Wrecking on the south side of Kalispell. They don't have much old stuff anymore and its been a couple of years since I was in the back, but you could check.

3. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

If you can get down Missoula way, I remember a place called the Axemen that was a little northeast of town I think. They had a huge yard full of all kinds of crap. I remember sitting in a late 30's buick when I was 13 or so. I would try to call them and see if they still have anything out there.

4. wayfarer

wayfarer

You could hit the antique auto ranch here in town on your way through, in fact they have alot of late '40s mopars in the yard. There's also a junkyard with alot of old stuff just outside of Newport, if you're travelling highway 2 to get there.

5. unklgriz

unklgriz

The guy on HWY82 wants alot of $$ for his stuff. he has alot of stuff back there, but he thinks that its the only stuff left on earth.

R&J is a good place to wander around. most of the other places that I know of are pretty much private and only sell to the club members up here, or keep it all for themselves.

6. Gumpa

Gumpa

Well our trip just got put off until January 10, because of the wifes job. If anyone needs something going one way or the other let me know.

7. unklgriz

unklgriz

Hey Gumpa, when you do get here, drive down center street and visit RT's Rod Shop, Ralf has some pretty bitchin' projects going on in there. He's open in the evenings and most weekends. He'll talk hot rods all day long.

Larry

8. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

The Hiway 82 guy is probably Flathead AUTO SALVAGE, I have not been there in awhile but about 20 yrs ago I sold him a 33 Dodge sedan delivery, as far as I know he still has it. The Axeman in Missoula has a lot of stuff but no cars that I know of,If you get near Ronan ther is Kelly's he has alot of stuff and I think the yard is for sale so you may get a good deal. I think there are a few more yards between Kelly's and Kallispel that you might be able to check out

9. thrasher

thrasher

flathead auto salvage is about the best bet, last time i was there he still had a few cars from the 30s in there. he does usually want too much and won't really haggle, but he will let you walk around and check out his stuf. anyone else here has got rid of anything older than sixties. wishers auto recycling on airport road has a few project cars they put outside for you to look through, but unless they like you chances are your not getting in.

10. Gumpa

Gumpa

I will deffinately be going down to check out his shop. Maybe he knows of some of the parts I need in his mental inventory. LOL.

11. unklgriz

unklgriz

I didn't mention Kelly's because I heard they were closing. the last time I was at Flathead Salvage, he told me Kelly's was shutting down. There used to be a big yard in Libby that had quite a bit of stuff. so I you are coming over Hwy 2 you could check it out. its on the east side of town on the hwy.

You can't miss Ralf's shop, he has projects sitting in front of the shop.

Larry