Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Parts identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TA DAD, Oct 31, 2016.

1. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

I bought some stuff and really do not know what it fits, I think 20's Chevrolet. There are 2 pairs of fenders. I odd fender, 2 doors ( rear ? ) for a car without a top ? 1 NOS side panel of some type.1 firewall with the battery in the center. 2 really nice 21inch wood spoke wheels with Chevy centers. The one piece laying with the fenders is some type of running board mount ? Any help would be great.

Attached Files:

michael knight and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

The pair of black fenders look like Ford Model T, pre-1926 but I don't know how far pre. The doors are '26-7 T touring. The firewall, side aprons, and cross brace sitting next to the fenders also look like pre-'26 T. I'm not really up on my pre-'26 stuff, but if you post a thread with "T" in the title there are lots of guys on the HAMB who know the differences.

3. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

alchemy,
    Thanks for the info. That gives me a direction to go in for sure. It was a mix of parts and pre-war stuff is not my strong suit but I am learning. To me some of the parts look like wall hangers.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here, I'll help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

michael knight and 117harv like this.

5. The taller, rusty looking fenders are early Dodge Brothers rears. Maybe about 1922 or so. A guy who knows the earlier DBs will possibly know.

6. Try noboD- he might know what year/s those DB fenders will fit.

7. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

T
    That really helps, so this becomes even more of a mix.I went after a radiator and this is what I ended up with, there was even a transmission and the rear axle. Plus all kinds of misc. brackets. I do appreciate the info.

Attached Files:

8. T fenders look to be early to mid 20's roadster and touring. Firewall is 23 (low) . Splash aprons look like '17 - '25 coupe, roadster, touring.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  9. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

I also have a right quarter panel for some type of roadster, I will see if the fender matches up.

10. Bellhousing and tranny are Chevrolet- would need to see numbers to tell which year/s

11. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

Here are the numbers I found on the trans. 590321 and under that
    A 28.8

12. Jan 28, 1928 for the tranny- 1918's had an exposed trans/flywheel

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"Treasure what you have. They'll sort themselves out." Ed Gein