Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parts ID Please...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnyhotrod, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Picked these up in my travels last week while parts hunting... Not sure what they are, but I assume they are oil or fuel related... One tag simply has a part number on it that I have no idea how to begin researching. Another lists the parts to fit 1929-30 Auburn, 1928-29 Olds, 1930-32 Moreland Trucks, and a third set fits 1928-29 GMC, Oakland and Pontiacs as well as 1929-30 Stutz Blackhawk and tagged "VERY RARE!. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Jonny

Attached Files:

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Sooooo rare I hope you didn't pay much for them...looks like no one here has any idea what they are or what they were used for...I sure don't.

R-

3. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Without any thing to size relate to, My guess is that they are fuel pump rocker arms.

4. Crestliner

Crestliner

Believe you on the mark.

5. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Thanks Dick. Those are standard sized index tags tied to the items. The pieces are a couple to a few inches long overall. The shorter looking fat ones are 3/4 of an inch wide or so. Guess I'll see if the "antiquers" are interested... not many things out there that fits Stutz or Auburns.

Jonny

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

KEM is a company that made and sold fuel pump parts, repair kits, etc.

7. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

How do people go about researching obsolete part numbers? Is there an internet database or something where I could punch in a number and have it give me an application or interchange, or am I being extremely optimistic? If not, does anyone have any old books scanned?

Jonny

8. squirrel

squirrel

Good luck, you probably won't find much on the internet. There might be a few people who happen to have a KEM catalog, but it probably would not be that old, and it's very unlikely that it has been scanned and even less likely it's on the internet, and even less likely that it's been converted to a searchable database.

9. That's a project for a retired guy with a pile of catalogs.

I just try googling part numbers.. sometimes you get lucky... sometimes you gotta track down an old catalog and buy it. I lucked out twice, I bought a bunch of catalogs at an auction years ago and there was a beat up 1934 or so electrical parts catalog for all makes in it. That thing's come in handy a bunch of times -