Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parts buying

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 59rambler, Jan 1, 2021.

1. 59rambler

59rambler

I see you now need 10 posts to contact people to start a conversation, I have purchased numerous parts from the H.A.M.B, but never have posted anything for sale or in any other forum on the H.A.M.B. I would like to get to the 10 posts to contact someone for a parts purchase but see no need to post, I guess my days of buying from Hammers is over. Again the few hurt the many.

2. I see you made it to six legitimate posts today and now your giving up. You had at least six good replies to your rust removal question yet you see no need to post anymore. “The few hurt the many” LOL It seems like the new rule is having a side affect......clearing out the whiners and self centered along with the scammers. I can’t believe I’m even having this conversation... if you see no benefit in belonging, Adios! It’s been great not knowing you!

3. These guys need to think of this place as a community where people actually interact and maybe help each other out with advice and encouragement. If the OP, like so many others, is just here to reap the benefits of free classifieds and nothing more, then like wraymen says, Adios, move along, you really weren't involved or contributing much of anything anyway.

grey49ghost, Thor1, X38 and 3 others like this.
  4. I come here for taco Tuesday, and the meatloaf isn't bad either. I think most get intimidated by the sheer size of Mr. Moriarty's collection and scatter. But seriously, you fuckers have helped me figure out problems, and hopefully I've helped somebody else. Yeah, I've bought parts from guys in the classifieds, but there is so much more to this place! Take advantage of it! (Not you wraymen, I'm just venting to you)

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

haha, not really that big a deal, merely 3 decades of unsupervised buying

flatheadpete, Thor1, The37Kid and 2 others like this.
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid

When I joined the HAMB I thought access to the classified section was something you earned, post some helpful info, recommend a supplier, do something positive. Think I did that for a year before using the Classified section. Never understood "All about me'' generation. Happy New Year!

Bob

7. Does that mean you are single? Or are just really good at going under cover?

Thor1 likes this.
  8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

divorced since 91

fegsta and Thor1 like this.
  9. She tried to get him to buy radial tires once..... once ;)

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

now that is funny

11. Damn! You don’t look a day over 70.

12. Tough crowd.:D;)

Max Gearhead and Thor1 like this.
  13. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

If you’ve ever been to Moriarity’s place there is no room for anyone else.

Visitors yes, squatters no.

I’m serious.

Thor1, fegsta and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

hahaha

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. Jacob Foster

Jacob Foster

16. Jacob Foster

Jacob Foster

17. ....C'mon man, fun is fun, but let's not get too personal.

Thor1, X38 and Moriarity like this.
  18. Just give these guys their participation trophy so they can go home to the comfort of mom and dad’s house and be done with it

19. Here's a trick, don't sell too anybody that doesn't have 100 posts or alliance membership lmao!! Oh snap!