Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical part locating

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by bouoy, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Just wondering where most of you are finding your head light buckets and parts, since i'm up north we don't have scrap yards around me.. Any ideas where the best place to look would be?
    THanks
    G.

2. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

3. HAMB and Fordbarn classifieds.Gotta be some yards in NY.

4. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

That or craigslist, most people will ship. Use searchtempest , it makes it easy

damagedduck likes this.

5. Williams Auto Parts (in Rexford) and Glenville Auto (in Burnt Hills/Ballston Lake).

6. You ask a open ended question with little information and after a quick look at your profile i didn't see a car listed.

What kind of car or truck are you looking for a head light bucket replacement? HRP

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  7. adam401

adam401

Are you in upstate New York? Bro ive bought everything from whole firetrucks to flatheads to truckloads of parts just driving up there with my buddy Joe and knocking on doors. The t rs a ton of shit up there. I wouldalways go route 9 through vermont and ny and just get lost on the backroads. A pocket full of cash and an empty truck gets you alot of parts if youre willing to drive and kill a weekend

8. spooler41

spooler41

Bouoy, it's time for you to start hanging out at swap meets. In addition to the sources
    mentioned before this post. It's a great way to spend an afternoon or all week end, looking
    at other folks stuff and discovering that just right part in someone else's pile of parts.
    Sunday after noons are good for finding bargains , stuff sellers don't want too haul home.
    It was a sunday afternoon when I found a vender who had a set of gorgeous 10" 33 Chev.
    headlights,bright nickel plating, flawless glass lens and perfect reflectors.. When I asked
    what he would take for them , he said, it's been a long weekend and he didn't want to haul
    them home again , he then thought about it for a few seconds and said, how about $40.00 bucks.
    I just about ripped the pocket off my pants getting my wallet out. I'd been looking for that set of head lights for a long time, so I could move forward with my modified roadster project. BTW I've
    always felt that set of lights was worth something more than $300.00.

............................... Jack

302GMC and bouoy like this.
  9. TY for the replies yes there is a car listed in my profile I have a 53 chevy 4 door, and I just picked up a 64 galxie. yes i am in upstate new york area. I have not found a yard around me. there use to be a good guys show around here but they no longer have it here at the fair grounds. as far as parts go anythign I can use in my builds. i use to be a active member years ago but due to my health I been gone for a few years.

10. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

bouoy likes this.
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You may have to expand your range of parts hunting territory. Even out here in the west we often have to travel a lot further than we used to in out quest for parts. Just call it going for a ride in the country and figure on stopping at a few promising spots to look but expect to be at least 150 miles from the house at some time in the day.

Kustom Car parts (formerly Night Prowlers) http://kustomcarparts.com/tag/night-prowlers/ Has the 52/53 Merc style headlight rings that a lot of us use. Otherwise Ebay or plan on traveling to swap meets out of your area.

bouoy likes this.
  12. 53_Bel

53_Bel
    from Virginia

bouoy likes this.
  13. Thank you for the help.. I guess i'm just tired of being home bound all the time. and Google hates me so.