Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parking lights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowrpmtork, Jan 2, 2014.

1. lowrpmtork

lowrpmtork

I am looking for ideas on adding parking lights to my headlights buckets. I'm running headlight/turnsignal combos but was thinking I may want some lateral visibility. Attached is a pic of my bucket (white) as well as a pick I found with kind of what I'm looking for (black) but I don't know where to find something like that. Or, in your "humble" opinions, do I really need to mess with this? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Those on the black car are likely Guide 682 lamps, either original or reproductions. Available in the classifieds used or from various vendors in repros.

Not sure the size of the parking/running light bulb will be bright enough to make much difference when viewed from the side. May or may not help a great deal, but sure can't hurt either.

3. yep, guide lights!

4. lowrpmtork

lowrpmtork

Just found them on Speedway! Thanks! Since I just bought my headlights, I probably won't change until they burn out. Thanks!

5. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Do you have any big car shows close? Most shows like Good guys will have a vendor selling some. Might save some money since you are not in a hurry.

6. Fenders

Fenders

I wouldn't change yours at all, they are very nice.
    try to find some separate small lights you can add somewhere for parking lights.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's winter and you're bored. Leave it alone. I got bored Saturday and installed a set of roller rockers.:D

8. rodl

rodl

Check out the lights at The Hot Rod Company - an alliance member - scroll up to top of this page and click on The Alliance

9. lowrpmtork

lowrpmtork

Yes. Yes I am.

10. Eh, just take it for a cruise, lol. From what I understand what your weather is right now, make sure the heater works really well :eek:

BTW, Im in shorts and a t shirt and the window is open :D

11. L7

L7

I don't know much about it but, I swear I've seen a supplier for the
    turn signal/ parking light portion you could possibly add to your existing bucket.

12. 48 Indian Rag

48 Indian Rag
    from conn

Page 41 of Julianos catalog.