Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parallel spring agian and how about 8" ford rear(help?)planC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brooding Swede, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Brooding Swede

Brooding Swede

O.K. the last post helped a lot about the C.E. rearend kits and posie stuff. Thanks!

Now the new problem could a '34 C.E. kit fit on to a '35 frame. It's a good deal 300.00?
    I was also told that if I took out one of the springs from both sides it would soften the ride a little.

Also would this combo work???? 350 chevy automatic tranny and an 8" rearend?

How can I find out what year the 8" rearend is?

Thanks, BS

2. Brooding Swede

Brooding Swede

3. Jalopy Banger

Jalopy Banger
    from Sweden

4. TINGLER

TINGLER

The 8 will be fine behind your 350.
    I asked a similar question a few days ago.

Although......I don't know. That 8" rear may not be enough to haul around all that UGLY you got all over you. [​IMG]

I don't know anything about those spring set ups. I think you should go with some cheap ass junk yard springs and fab up the mounts and stuff yourself.....but thats cause I'm cheap.

I can't wait to see your progress.

Later,
    JT.

5. Radshit

Radshit

You could find some Dodge Dart rear springs....the leaf spring hangers unbolt off the Dart really easy and will bolt on just about any frame......I used them on a 34 Chevy frame and 48 Ford sedan...........

they ride really soft too......