Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paradise Show 'N Go Photos--Calhoun, GA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HenryJGuy, May 9, 2009.

1. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

Hey guys, just wanted to post a few photos from one of my favorite events. Today was the spring event, and there was a great turnout, considering the high chance of rain. Lots of cool cars I'd never seen before, but there was also lots of breakage.

The black FED had a rocker arm nut strip out, and chaos ensued. Several holes in the oil pan and a hole in the valve cover...not good. A Mustang blew a transmission line (I'm guessing) and soaked the starting line. Then a 'Cuda broke the rear end, which took a while to drag it off the track.

I was able to do a photo shoot on the historic Hemi Hurricane Willys, owned by Lamar "Bunky" Bobo. Turned out great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite car of the show. I believe he's a member on here?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

MORE...

A heavy flywheel, a four-speed and a high-winding small block make for a very cool '55 Chevy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Judging by the driver's body language, I think it took a bite.
    [​IMG]

3. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

4. Dude, Those are really good pics!! They should be on the "Drag Cars In Motion" thread.

Great!!

BloodyKnuckles

5. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

I was going to Paradise but when I woke up this morning it was off and on rain so I not going to take the risk of the 3 hour drive. Looks like I messed up from the looks of the pics BB had a great turnout and I missed a heck of a show.:(

6. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

Yeah, I was afraid it would rain, but it sprinkled enough to get the track wet, but then it was great from then on. It held up racing for about 30 minutes, but the oil downs and other problems didn't allow as much racing as usual. Lets just hope the weather holds out for Drag Bash--I should be able to head up that way.

7. awesome pics man! that looks like a killer time over there!

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I was on my way... but it was raining and I was over it.

I waited till later in the day and went to Coker's deal. Very good call.

Enjoy.....

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

Attached Files:

9. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Great pics, very nice thanks!

10. aceuh

aceuh

Great shots man! Thanks for sharing those.

11. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

Thanks for the great compliments on my GTO. What a show! It was almost a 3 hour trip for us, but we had a ball! If you could find something at this show that you liked, then you are just not a car guy. Here are a couple more pics that I got. (I got most of the ones that you got so I won't post duplicates).

BTW, where were the two black Pontiacs? I didn't get to see them.

Attached Files:

12. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

the two black Pontiacs were on the swap meet side of the track, right before the asphalt ends. Seriously slick cars--super slick. I don't think either of them made a pass during the alotted time, but sometimes Otto (track owner) lets people make passes after its all over.

13. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

We made the trip down and had a great time!

We travel around the local shows with JAM Motorsports who had the Shake,Rattle and Roll alcohol funny car and the orange road runner. I hate the funny car had tranny problems... hoped to finally see a full pass!