Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Paradise Show and Go Nostalgia Drag Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HenryJGuy, Oct 21, 2009.

1. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

I guess it's better late than never. This event was supposed to be held on October 10th, but got rained out and moved to the 17th. The temperatures were cool all day long, and a strong wind didn't help the matter. I still had fun, as always and looked through the massive swap meet a couple times before everybody packed up.

I've seen bigger crowds at the Show and Go, but considering it was a rain date show, and cold, it was a decent turn out. The Henry J is simply awesome and he made at least 20 passes (low 7's) in a matter of three hours. Tim Dixon brought his wicked Model A coupe, which has a new blower on it. He ran mid 6's all day, with a best of 6.4x on one of his final passes. Freakin fast car. Anyway, here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

Damn, I got up early but it was raining over here (about 2 hours away) so I figured it was raining there too so I went back to bed. Maybe next spring and I'll put the GTO on the track.